2005-04-15 09:51:39

by Mukund JB.

Subject: touch screen driver --working?

Dear all,

I have a query here regarding how does a touch screen driver work?

I have TS driver working but the calibration points seem to be not set
properly. When I launch an qt application, the touch on edit dropdown
button opens the file dropdown button.

Any clink on any button of the application does not activate it but
rather is activated when I click bit right to the button (off it).

How do I set these calibration points & what is their importance?

Regards,
Mukund jampala

2005-04-16 17:48:39

by Daniel Ritz

Subject: Re: touch screen driver --working?

you should have a look at http://linux.chapter7.ch/touchkit/
it contains a howto and a calibration progam. it's centered around
touchscreens with eGalax controllers but the info there is valid for
about every touchscreen as long as the driver uses the linux input
subsystem (it really should).

hope this helps. rgds
-daniel