2005-05-28 20:53:09

by Karel Kulhavy

Subject: i2c-parport disappeared from 2.6.11.9

Hello

Drivers -> I2C -> Busses -> Parallel port adapter disappeared in
2.6.11.9. However the source drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-parport.c
and i2c-parport.h are still there.

There is only parallel port light (i2c-parport-light.c) in the make
menuconfig menu.

I am working on a driver in i2c-parport.c. What should I do? Stop the
work and forget it? Or continue?

I took care to turn on "Prompt for development and/or incomplete
code/drivers" and turn off "Select only drivers expected to compile
cleanly".

CL<

2005-05-28 21:04:42

by Jean Delvare

Subject: Re: i2c-parport disappeared from 2.6.11.9

Hi Karel,

> Drivers -> I2C -> Busses -> Parallel port adapter disappeared in
> 2.6.11.9. However the source drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-parport.c
> and i2c-parport.h are still there.

No, it did not disappear. I'm using it. Check again. i2c-parport depends
on CONFIG_PARPORT, maybe that's what you are missing.

--
Jean Delvare

2005-05-29 11:16:05

by Jean Delvare

Hi Jean,

I am sending the patch where I changed:
1) Rewrote the initialization into zero-terminated lists as you
suggested
2) Added exact listing of supported adapters into make menuconfig [Help]
with their numbers.

Please review the patch and possibly test if it still works. Is it
possibly to already introduce the driver into Linux kernel?

The patch has been worked on 2.6.11.9 kernel tree.

Cheers,

CL<

Attachments:
(No filename) (417.00 B)