2005-11-21 23:24:01

by Jens-Michael Hoffmann

Subject: white space fixes wanted?

When looking in drivers/ieee1394/pcilynx.c, I noticed that there are a lot of spaces instead of tabs.
I prepared a patch to fix that.

file size of pcilynx.c before: 53775 bytes
file size after: 42870 bytes

patch size is 85356 bytes.

Should I send this patch to the mailing list?

Jens-Michael

2005-11-22 01:29:29

by Greg KH

Subject: Re: white space fixes wanted?

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 12:24:08AM +0000, Jens-Michael Hoffmann wrote:
> When looking in drivers/ieee1394/pcilynx.c, I noticed that there are a lot of spaces instead of tabs.
> I prepared a patch to fix that.
>
> file size of pcilynx.c before: 53775 bytes
> file size after: 42870 bytes
>
> patch size is 85356 bytes.
>
> Should I send this patch to the mailing list?

How about to the ieee1394 developers? They would be the best people to
be able to accept this change.

thanks,

greg k-h

2005-11-22 01:47:59

by Jens-Michael Hoffmann

Greg KH writes:
> > patch size is 85356 bytes.
> >
> > Should I send this patch to the mailing list?
>
> How about to the ieee1394 developers? They would be the best people to
> be able to accept this change.

Done.
Since this is my first contribution to the linux kernel I don't know if it is mandatory
to publish patches on lkml.

thanks

Jens-Michael

(sorry for my bad english)

2005-11-22 04:37:19

by Jody McIntyre

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 05:29:12PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:

> > Should I send this patch to the mailing list?
>
> How about to the ieee1394 developers? They would be the best people to
> be able to accept this change.

I second that. I'll gladly take code cleanup patches for ieee1394 -
it needs them :)

Cheers,
Jody (1394 maintainer)

> thanks,
>
> greg k-h
> -

by Jens-Michael Hoffmann

Jody McIntyre writes:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 05:29:12PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
>
> > > Should I send this patch to the mailing list?
> >
> > How about to the ieee1394 developers? They would be the best people to
> > be able to accept this change.
>
> I second that. I'll gladly take code cleanup patches for ieee1394 -
> it needs them :)

Great, I'll send the patches directly to you because they are quite large.

Jens-Michael