2005-11-24 21:58:32

by David Härdeman

Subject: swsusp resume from dm-crypt over lvm?

Using the ability to echo the major:minor to /sys/power/resume from an
initramfs script I am able to resume from a lvm partition.

However, this doesn't seem to work if the swap partition is encrypted
and setup using cryptsetup (dm-crypt over an lvm partition that is).

Is this supposed to work or is it not feasible?

Re,
David

Please CC any replies...

2005-11-24 23:26:09

by Andreas Steinmetz

Subject: Re: swsusp resume from dm-crypt over lvm?

David H?rdeman wrote:
> Using the ability to echo the major:minor to /sys/power/resume from an
> initramfs script I am able to resume from a lvm partition.
>
> However, this doesn't seem to work if the swap partition is encrypted
> and setup using cryptsetup (dm-crypt over an lvm partition that is).
>
> Is this supposed to work or is it not feasible?

See Documentation/power/swsusp-dmcrypt.txt. Works for me.
--
Andreas Steinmetz SPAMmers use [email protected]

2005-11-25 22:47:01

by David Härdeman

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 12:26:07AM +0100, Andreas Steinmetz wrote:
>David H?rdeman wrote:
>> Using the ability to echo the major:minor to /sys/power/resume from an
>> initramfs script I am able to resume from a lvm partition.
>>
>> However, this doesn't seem to work if the swap partition is encrypted
>> and setup using cryptsetup (dm-crypt over an lvm partition that is).
>>
>> Is this supposed to work or is it not feasible?
>
>See Documentation/power/swsusp-dmcrypt.txt. Works for me.

Thanks, that helped...I had missed that the device must have the same
major/minor when resuming as it had when suspending.

Re,
David