2005-12-23 00:21:13

by David Brownell

Subject: [patch 2.6.14-rc6-git 2/6] SPI ads7846 protocol driver

For touchscreen plus sensors. Lots of Linux-capable boards have these chips
or one of their close siblings.

Attachments:
(No filename) (109.00 B)
ads7846.patch (19.48 kB)

by Komal Shah

--- David Brownell <[email protected]> wrote:

> For touchscreen plus sensors. Lots of Linux-capable boards have
> these chips
> or one of their close siblings.
> > This is a driver for the ADS7846 touchscreen sensor, derived from
> the corgi_ts and omap_ts drivers. Key differences from those two:
>
> - Uses the new SPI framework (minimalist version)
> - <linux/spi/ads7846.h> abstracts board-specific touchscreen info
> - Sysfs attributes for the temperature and voltage sensors
> - Uses fewer ARM-specific IRQ primitives

How do you test this driver on OSK? Don't we need controller driver /
bitbanging interface atleast?

Also use input_allocate_device() instead of init_input_dev(). Thanx.

I have started writing OMAP2 SPI master controller driver for and
tsc2101 driver based on ads7846 driver for H4 board.

---Komal Shah
http://komalshah.blogspot.com/

__________________________________

by David Brownell

> How do you test this driver on OSK?

With disgusting hacks to the existing uwire driver.

> Don't we need controller driver / bitbanging interface atleast?

I was thinking of replacing the hacks with spi_bitbang stuff;
the txrx_bufs() method is appropriate for MicroWire since it
needs to know whether to read _or_ write, and txrx_word() calls
assume the full-service shift register is available.

> Also use input_allocate_device() instead of init_input_dev(). Thanx.

Got patch? :)

> I have started writing OMAP2 SPI master controller driver for and
> tsc2101 driver based on ads7846 driver for H4 board.

Cool. tsc2101 + uwire will handle H2 (and H3?) also. The only
API change I know of (== necessariy affects your code) will be
the "spi_transfer.transfer_list" patch, which I'll get out soon.

- Dave

2006-01-07 14:13:13

by Komal Shah

--- David Brownell <[email protected]> wrote:

> I was thinking of replacing the hacks with spi_bitbang stuff;
> the txrx_bufs() method is appropriate for MicroWire since it
> needs to know whether to read _or_ write, and txrx_word() calls
> assume the full-service shift register is available.

Please post the patch once you replace it spi_bitbang. Thanx.

> > Also use input_allocate_device() instead of init_input_dev().
> Thanx.
>
> Got patch? :)

I will do it with latest -mm next week.

> Cool. tsc2101 + uwire will handle H2 (and H3?) also. The only
> API change I know of (== necessariy affects your code) will be
> the "spi_transfer.transfer_list" patch, which I'll get out soon.

Ok, I will rebase it with -mm code. I have posted the patch to
linux-omap mailing list, which is not yet complete for OMAP2 SPI master
controller. As I want to avoid duplicate work done by someone in the
another part of world with same fwk for OMAP2 :)

---Komal Shah
http://komalshah.blogspot.com/

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com

2006-01-26 16:20:59

by David Brownell

> > > Also use input_allocate_device() instead of init_input_dev().
> > Thanx.
> >
> > Got patch? :)
>
> I will do it with latest -mm next week.

Well, here's an update against 2.6.16-rc1-git. It builds and
initializes, but lower level issues prevent my re-testing it.

- Dave

Attachments:
(No filename) (282.00 B)
ads7846.patch (7.63 kB)