2006-01-08 23:48:46

by Lukas Hejtmanek

Subject: intelfb

Hello,

is someone developing intelfb driver? Or is it some old (maybe functional) code?

--
Luk?? Hejtm?nek

2006-01-08 23:58:43

by Dave Airlie

Subject: Re: intelfb

> is someone developing intelfb driver? Or is it some old (maybe functional) code?

Like the intelfb driver in drivers/video/intelfb (??)

Dave.

2006-01-08 23:57:55

by Adrian Bunk

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 12:48:40AM +0100, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:

> Hello,

Hi Lukas,

> is someone developing intelfb driver? Or is it some old (maybe functional) code?

the MAINTAINERS file in the kernel sources says:

INTEL 810/815 FRAMEBUFFER DRIVER
P: Antonino Daplas
M: [email protected]
L: [email protected]
S: Maintained

Antonino is quite active and whatever your question/problem is he's the
best contact for.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

2006-01-09 00:22:56

by Antonino A. Daplas

Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 12:48:40AM +0100, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>
> Hi Lukas,
>
>> is someone developing intelfb driver? Or is it some old (maybe functional) code?
>
> the MAINTAINERS file in the kernel sources says:
>
> INTEL 810/815 FRAMEBUFFER DRIVER
> P: Antonino Daplas
> M: [email protected]
> L: [email protected]
> S: Maintained

I maintain i810fb. The author and maintainer of intelfb for 2.6 is Sylvain
Meyer. For 2.4, the author is David Dawes.

> Antonino is quite active and whatever your question/problem is he's the
> best contact for.

Yes, I accept patches for this driver. I also make changes for this
driver as long as the change does not deal with the hardware to deeply.

Tony

2006-01-09 00:29:14

by Adrian Bunk

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 08:22:12AM +0800, Antonino A. Daplas wrote:
> Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 12:48:40AM +0100, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >
> > Hi Lukas,
> >
> >> is someone developing intelfb driver? Or is it some old (maybe functional) code?
> >
> > the MAINTAINERS file in the kernel sources says:
> >
> > INTEL 810/815 FRAMEBUFFER DRIVER
> > P: Antonino Daplas
> > M: [email protected]
> > L: [email protected]
> > S: Maintained
> >

> I maintain i810fb. The author and maintainer of intelfb for 2.6 is Sylvain
> Meyer. For 2.4, the author is David Dawes.

Sorry, this happens when you only look at the MAINTAINERS file...

Can you add a MAINTAINERS entry for Sylvain?

> Tony

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

2006-01-09 00:36:15

by Antonino A. Daplas

Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 08:22:12AM +0800, Antonino A. Daplas wrote:
>> Adrian Bunk wrote:

>>> Hi Lukas,

>>> the MAINTAINERS file in the kernel sources says:
>>>
>>> INTEL 810/815 FRAMEBUFFER DRIVER
>>> P: Antonino Daplas
>>> M: [email protected]
>>> L: [email protected]
>>> S: Maintained
>>>
>> I maintain i810fb. The author and maintainer of intelfb for 2.6 is Sylvain
>> Meyer. For 2.4, the author is David Dawes.
>
> Sorry, this happens when you only look at the MAINTAINERS file...
>
> Can you add a MAINTAINERS entry for Sylvain?

Will do.

Tony

2006-01-09 10:18:16

by Lukas Hejtmanek

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 01:29:12AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > I maintain i810fb. The author and maintainer of intelfb for 2.6 is Sylvain
> > Meyer. For 2.4, the author is David Dawes.
>
> Sorry, this happens when you only look at the MAINTAINERS file...
>
> Can you add a MAINTAINERS entry for Sylvain?

I wrote to Sylvain some time ago but no response...

--
Luk?? Hejtm?nek

2006-01-10 01:29:59

by Antonino A. Daplas

Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 01:29:12AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>>> I maintain i810fb. The author and maintainer of intelfb for 2.6 is Sylvain
>>> Meyer. For 2.4, the author is David Dawes.
>> Sorry, this happens when you only look at the MAINTAINERS file...
>>
>> Can you add a MAINTAINERS entry for Sylvain?
>
> I wrote to Sylvain some time ago but no response...

Yeah, he said he's going to be busy and he was not responding to e-mails
for some time now. Anyway, what's your concern?

Tony

2006-01-10 08:35:41

by Lukas Hejtmanek

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 09:29:14AM +0800, Antonino A. Daplas wrote:
> Yeah, he said he's going to be busy and he was not responding to e-mails
> for some time now. Anyway, what's your concern?

I want to know, whether there is someone with i915 graphic card that is working
with intelfb. Some my tests and hacking points to fakct that routine to
calculate pixel mod clock is wrong for this chip. And also I have an idea how to
setup a graphic mode on local LCD (laptops).

--
Luk?? Hejtm?nek

2006-01-10 08:52:23

by Antonino A. Daplas

Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 09:29:14AM +0800, Antonino A. Daplas wrote:
>> Yeah, he said he's going to be busy and he was not responding to e-mails
>> for some time now. Anyway, what's your concern?
>
> I want to know, whether there is someone with i915 graphic card that is working
> with intelfb. Some my tests and hacking points to fakct that routine to

You can always check the intelfb changelog...

http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=history;h=4bba3925924148c24fb0c7636a04ad69a6a56b84;f=drivers/video/intelfb/intelfbdrv.c

> calculate pixel mod clock is wrong for this chip. And also I have an idea how to
> setup a graphic mode on local LCD (laptops).

Can you post your hack to this list?

Tony

2006-01-10 09:01:57

by Lukas Hejtmanek

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 04:51:38PM +0800, Antonino A. Daplas wrote:
> > calculate pixel mod clock is wrong for this chip. And also I have an idea how to
> > setup a graphic mode on local LCD (laptops).
> >

> Can you post your hack to this list?

Well, for LVDS (internal LCD) I found, that PLL pixel clock is fixed accross any
resloution. This means that black magick used for PLL clock is not needed,
driver just need to read initial value of PLL registers and keep it (for
suspend/resume). It works to set resolution 640x480 using BIOS and then to
correct Pipes and Display planes to any resolution you want (usualy the
resolution of LCD). I guess that resolution 640x480 can be programmed directly
without BIOS (but I need to check it).

Another discover is that 0x61204 & ~1 allows LVDS register to be changed (and
also it disables LVDS output (DPMS D3 on LVDS). 0x61204 | 1 enables it back.

--
Luk?? Hejtm?nek