2006-02-09 10:50:47

by Matthias Andree

Subject: Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

Joerg Schilling schrieb am 2006-02-09:

> Linux does not offer a UNIX style interface in this case as it breaks
> layering rules.

Where is that standard that stipulates said layering rules?

Quote standard and name, issuer, publisher, edition (year) and section
or page number. And don't dare answer unless you can prove the standard
applies to the device at hand, again, with standard, edition, and
section/page number.

> Do you _really_ want me to start a discussion conderning the content
> of your junk patch?

I demand that you revoke and post a public excuse for that offense.

The deadline ends tomorrow, Friday February 10th at 12:00 (noon) German
official time.

--
Matthias Andree

2006-02-09 13:42:11

by Joerg Schilling

Matthias Andree <[email protected]> wrote:

> Joerg Schilling schrieb am 2006-02-09:
>
> > Linux does not offer a UNIX style interface in this case as it breaks
> > layering rules.
>
> Where is that standard that stipulates said layering rules?

You still try to deviate from the problem by sending relationless remarks.

You should _read_ my mail before sending unrelated replies.

> > Do you _really_ want me to start a discussion conderning the content
> > of your junk patch?
>
> I demand that you revoke and post a public excuse for that offense.
>
> The deadline ends tomorrow, Friday February 10th at 12:00 (noon) German
> official time.

Do you like to out yourself as a troll?

You send completely useless things just in order to personally affront me.

Note that is was _you_ who said that you like to discuss this useless code.
I was ging to ignore it. You like to discuss is, you receive a reply
that you might not expect.

J?rg

--
EMail:[email protected] (home) J?rg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
[email protected] (uni)

by DervishD

Hi Joerg :)

* Joerg Schilling <[email protected]> dixit:
> > > Do you _really_ want me to start a discussion conderning the content
> > > of your junk patch?
> >
> > I demand that you revoke and post a public excuse for that offense.
> >
> > The deadline ends tomorrow, Friday February 10th at 12:00 (noon) German
> > official time.
>
> Do you like to out yourself as a troll?
>
> You send completely useless things just in order to personally affront me.

Joerg, it's really sad to see a person as talented and clever as
you resorting to personal offences. Matthias sent you a patch, hoping
to be useful; IMHO, you took it bad because he insisted on you
honoring the same kind of things you force people to honor when it
comes to the GPL. IMHO, that made his patch "junk" for you. The patch
is not junk, at least to me, but even if it was junk, it was the only
sane thing in this whole thread: code to proof things and fix things
that someone (many of us, as a matter of fact) thinks is a cdrecord
problem.

He wanted to discuss the patch: if it is junk, that's the
opportunity to fix it and make it good, and avoid new bugs, why not?.
But instead of discussing the code (no matter if you just think that
it is crap) you offended Matthias (who, BTW, has been very respectful
in this thread, probably the most respectful one).

You've been very unpolite, Joerg, and it is a pity, because
you're very intelligent but nonetheless sometimes you look like...
well, both know.

Ra?l N??ez de Arenas Coronado

by Joerg Schilling

DervishD <[email protected]> wrote:

> Joerg, it's really sad to see a person as talented and clever as
> you resorting to personal offences. Matthias sent you a patch, hoping

I am not sure whether Matthias is telented, but he was unfortunately
starting personal offenses....

J?rg

--
EMail:[email protected] (home) J?rg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
[email protected] (uni)
[email protected] (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/

by Jan Engelhardt

>> Joerg, it's really sad to see a person as talented and clever as
>> you resorting to personal offences. Matthias sent you a patch, hoping
>
>I am not sure whether Matthias is telented, but he was unfortunately
>starting personal offenses....

With a patch?

Jan Engelhardt