2006-02-14 16:53:26

by Joerg Schilling

Subject: Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

Anders Karlsson <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 2/14/06, Joerg Schilling <[email protected]> wrote:
> [snip]
> > - How does HAL allow one cdrecord instance to work
> > without being interrupted by HAL?
>
> Uuh, if the writer unit is plugged in via USB and HAL detects it going
> away, as in getting disconnected from the system, don't you think it
> would be a smart move for cdrecord to pay attention to such an alert?
>
> I am sure you can explain to me if there are overwhelming technical
> reason to continue dumping data to a non-existant device.

It seems that you did not loisten to this discussion before, why doyou come in
now not knowing the topcis?

Try to get hand on the deleted bug entries on Debian and you will see how
cdrecord is interrupted.

J?rg

--
EMail:[email protected] (home) J?rg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
[email protected] (uni)

by Matthias Andree

Joerg Schilling schrieb am 2006-02-14:

> Try to get hand on the deleted bug entries on Debian and you will see how
> cdrecord is interrupted.

How about you offer a few "deleted bug" numbers?

Or have you been so sloppy not to record the bugs of interest in
external packages?

--
Matthias Andree

2006-02-14 17:47:26

by Lennart Sorensen

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 05:47:55PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> It seems that you did not loisten to this discussion before, why doyou come in
> now not knowing the topcis?
>
> Try to get hand on the deleted bug entries on Debian and you will see how
> cdrecord is interrupted.

Debian archives old closed bugs. They can still be found by searching the
archived bugs. I have never seen them delete bugs, although maybe they
do and I just missed it.

Len Sorensen

2006-02-14 18:05:14

by Jan Engelhardt

>> Try to get hand on the deleted bug entries on Debian and you will see how
>> cdrecord is interrupted.
>
>How about you offer a few "deleted bug" numbers?

why does debian delete bugs after all? this sounds like aggregativing
searches for it.

Jan Engelhardt

by Jim Crilly

On 02/14/06 05:47:55PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Anders Karlsson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On 2/14/06, Joerg Schilling <[email protected]> wrote:
> > [snip]
> > > - How does HAL allow one cdrecord instance to work
> > > without being interrupted by HAL?
> >
> > Uuh, if the writer unit is plugged in via USB and HAL detects it going
> > away, as in getting disconnected from the system, don't you think it
> > would be a smart move for cdrecord to pay attention to such an alert?
> >
> > I am sure you can explain to me if there are overwhelming technical
> > reason to continue dumping data to a non-existant device.
>
> It seems that you did not loisten to this discussion before, why doyou come in
> now not knowing the topcis?
>
> Try to get hand on the deleted bug entries on Debian and you will see how
> cdrecord is interrupted.
>
> J?rg

Apparently you're the one not paying attention, the so-called bugs you were
talking about haven't been deleted and I even mentioned that I found them
in this 'discussion' days ago.

Jim.