2006-02-17 01:27:42

by Alexander Samad

Subject: poweroff on i386

Hi

I am interested in how the linux kernel powers off i386 machine. I
basically followed the path from /sbin/poweroff to halt.c to the kernel
system command reboot and that into apm apm_power_off I can't find
where the non apm machine get powered off

Alex

Attachments:
(No filename) (260.00 B)
signature.asc (189.00 B)
Digital signature

by Alexander Samad

Subject: Re: poweroff on i386

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 12:27:39PM +1100, Alexander Samad wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am interested in how the linux kernel powers off i386 machine. I
> basically followed the path from /sbin/poweroff to halt.c to the kernel
> system command reboot and that into apm apm_power_off I can't find
> where the non apm machine get powered off

Found it in the drivers/acpi - i was initially only looking in the arch
section

> Alex

Attachments:
(No filename) (425.00 B)