2006-05-26 04:18:05

by Alex Davis

Subject: Fwd: [RFC] New netfilter match

I posted this to [email protected] 5 hours ago and it hasn't
appeared on that list yet.

--- Alex Davis <[email protected]> wrote:

> This is a proposal for a new netfilter module.
> Please read and furnish comments.
>
> http://linux.ace-technologies.biz:81/ipisforif.html
>

> Thanks
>
> -Alex

I code, therefore I am

http://mail.yahoo.com

2006-05-26 04:34:42

by Willy Tarreau

Subject: Re: Fwd: [RFC] New netfilter match

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 09:18:03PM -0700, Alex Davis wrote:
> I posted this to [email protected] 5 hours ago and it hasn't
> appeared on that list yet.
>

> --- Alex Davis <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > This is a proposal for a new netfilter module.
> > Please read and furnish comments.
> >
> > http://linux.ace-technologies.biz:81/ipisforif.html

Nobody will take the time to click on your link. And there are people in
big companies who will not have an easy access to HTTP on a port other
than 80. You should post your code right here in a mail so that competent
people can discuss it (and don't worry if they use harsh words).

Willy

2006-05-26 04:37:52

by Randy Dunlap

On Fri, 26 May 2006 06:25:51 +0200 Willy Tarreau wrote:

> On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 09:18:03PM -0700, Alex Davis wrote:
> > I posted this to [email protected] 5 hours ago and it hasn't
> > appeared on that list yet.
> >

> > --- Alex Davis <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> > > This is a proposal for a new netfilter module.
> > > Please read and furnish comments.
> > >
> > > http://linux.ace-technologies.biz:81/ipisforif.html
>
> Nobody will take the time to click on your link. And there are people in
> big companies who will not have an easy access to HTTP on a port other
> than 80. You should post your code right here in a mail so that competent
> people can discuss it (and don't worry if they use harsh words).

I suggest a network-related mailing list instead of lkml.

---
~Randy

2006-05-26 11:59:33

by Jan Engelhardt

>> > This is a proposal for a new netfilter module.
>> > Please read and furnish comments.
>> >
>> > http://linux.ace-technologies.biz:81/ipisforif.html
>
>Nobody will take the time to click on your link. And there are people in
>big companies who will not have an easy access to HTTP on a port other
>than 80. You should post your code right here in a mail so that competent
>people can discuss it (and don't worry if they use harsh words).

Worse yet, it is wider than 80 columns so I can't view it with w3m easily.

Jan Engelhardt