2006-05-24 09:05:07

by Michael Opdenacker

Subject: New Linux Cross Reference (LXR) site

Hello,

As the number of such sites is still very small, I set up a new LXR
site: http://lxr.free-electrons.com/

At last, it's an up to date site with an easy to remember URL.

Other LXR sites can be found on
http://free-electrons.com/community/kernel/lxr . Let me know if you know
other such sites!

Cheers,

Michael.

--
Michael Opdenacker, Free Electrons
Free Embedded Linux Training Materials

2006-05-27 17:25:58

by Jan Kiszka

Subject: Re: New Linux Cross Reference (LXR) site

2006/5/24, Michael Opdenacker <[email protected]>:
> Hello,
>
> As the number of such sites is still very small, I set up a new LXR
> site: http://lxr.free-electrons.com/

You obviously use a quite recent lxr version. Which one? I have a
number of projects still referenced via lxr 0.3.1 because it's easy to
maintain and does not require a bunch of additional software. Maybe I
should really update...

Recently I started to experiment with OpenGrok
(http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/opengrok), also for kernel
trees. Quite easy to handle, and I was enthusiastic about it first.
But it is not yet as robust as the lxr behind your site (reference
links are occasionally missing in the code), it's history mechanism is
not comparable to lxr's versioning, and arch-switching is lacking.

Jan

2006-05-29 08:50:38

by Michael Opdenacker

Hello Jan,

> You obviously use a quite recent lxr version. Which one? I have a
> number of projects still referenced via lxr 0.3.1 because it's easy to
> maintain and does not require a bunch of additional software. Maybe I
> should really update...

/Right! I am using the latest version (0.9.5)./

> Recently I started to experiment with OpenGrok
> (http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/opengrok), also for kernel
> trees. Quite easy to handle, and I was enthusiastic about it first.
> But it is not yet as robust as the lxr behind your site (reference
> links are occasionally missing in the code), it's history mechanism is
> not comparable to lxr's versioning, and arch-switching is lacking.

Thanks for the tip! I will keep an eye on this new tool too...

Cheers,

Michael.

--
Michael Opdenacker, Free Electrons
Free Embedded Linux Training Materials
on http://free-electrons.com/training
(More than 1000 pages!)

2006-05-29 08:59:04

by Jan-Benedict Glaw

On Mon, 2006-05-29 10:50:17 +0200, Michael Opdenacker <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Recently I started to experiment with OpenGrok
> >(http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/opengrok), also for kernel
> >trees. Quite easy to handle, and I was enthusiastic about it first.
> >But it is not yet as robust as the lxr behind your site (reference
> >links are occasionally missing in the code), it's history mechanism is
> >not comparable to lxr's versioning, and arch-switching is lacking.
>
> Thanks for the tip! I will keep an eye on this new tool too...

Seems to be highly interwoven mit the used SCM system and thus does
also do some tasks like searching in the commit messages etc., so its
scope is a bit different than that of LXR. Also, it's not GPLed.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw [email protected] . +49-172-7608481 _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg _ _ O

(No filename) (1.08 kB)
signature.asc (189.00 B)
Digital signature
Download all attachments