2006-08-09 11:36:49

by Lukas Hejtmanek

Subject: Marvell PATA IDE Controller

Hello,

is there a chance to get working Marvell PATA IDE Controller?

According to lspci it has 11ab:6101 ID.

If I add this ID into ahci.c, it finds one SATA port with no drive attached.

Actually, it has one PATA connector with DVD+RW attached to it.

In Windows XP, it is recognized as generic PCI IDE device.

--
Luk?? Hejtm?nek

2006-08-09 12:30:49

by Alan

Subject: Re: Marvell PATA IDE Controller

Ar Mer, 2006-08-09 am 13:36 +0200, ysgrifennodd Lukas Hejtmanek:
> Hello,
>
> is there a chance to get working Marvell PATA IDE Controller?
> According to lspci it has 11ab:6101 ID.

If Marvell docs/hw access land on my desk then yes. If not then no.
Thats why we now have jmicron support 8)

Alan

2006-08-09 13:42:47

by Lukas Hejtmanek

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 01:50:50PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> Ar Mer, 2006-08-09 am 13:36 +0200, ysgrifennodd Lukas Hejtmanek:
> > Hello,
> >
> > is there a chance to get working Marvell PATA IDE Controller?
> > According to lspci it has 11ab:6101 ID.
>
> If Marvell docs/hw access land on my desk then yes. If not then no.
> Thats why we now have jmicron support 8)

And is there something I could do? At least make it working as generic PCI IDE
like windows?

--
Luk?? Hejtm?nek

2006-08-09 14:16:25

by Alan

Ar Mer, 2006-08-09 am 15:42 +0200, ysgrifennodd Lukas Hejtmanek:
> And is there something I could do? At least make it working as generic PCI IDE
> like windows?

You can try booting with the option all-generic-ide. Should get you
minimal functionality with luck.