2006-09-12 11:21:03

by Martin Lucina

Subject: Standalone PATA drivers patch for testing

Hi,

I'd like to help test the new libata-based PATA drivers since they solve
specific problems I've been having with my workstation hardware (Intel
ICH7 with SATA and PATA devices attached).

Is there a way to obtain a standalone patch I can apply against a
2.6.17.X/2.6.18-rcX kernel or should I just use the -mm tree? I grabbed
Alan's patch-2.6.17-ide1.gz way back when but this is obviously now very
much out of date.

Thanks,

-mato

2006-09-12 12:38:56

by Jeff Garzik

Subject: Re: Standalone PATA drivers patch for testing

Martin Lucina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to help test the new libata-based PATA drivers since they solve
> specific problems I've been having with my workstation hardware (Intel
> ICH7 with SATA and PATA devices attached).
>
> Is there a way to obtain a standalone patch I can apply against a
> 2.6.17.X/2.6.18-rcX kernel or should I just use the -mm tree? I grabbed
> Alan's patch-2.6.17-ide1.gz way back when but this is obviously now very
> much out of date.

You can easily generate it from libata-dev.git.

git diff master..upstream

2006-09-12 15:16:08

by Alan

Ar Maw, 2006-09-12 am 13:20 +0200, ysgrifennodd Martin Lucina:
> 2.6.17.X/2.6.18-rcX kernel or should I just use the -mm tree? I grabbed
> Alan's patch-2.6.17-ide1.gz way back when but this is obviously now very
> much out of date.

Its somewhat tied to the -mm ata and scsi stuff now so the best approach
is to use -mm, or wait for 19-rc.

Alan