2006-10-13 12:10:08

by Bernhard Rosenkraenzer

Subject: Current kernels break libdvdcss

2.6.18-mm3 and 2.6.19-rc1-mm1 break playing encrypted video DVDs with
libdvdcss based players.

The player just says it can't open /dev/dvd with libdvdcss; after that, dmesg
points out

hdX: read_intr: Drive wants to transfer data the wrong way!

(hdX is hdb or hdc, depending on where the drive is connected).
This is reproducable on at least 3 different machines with different IDE
controllers and CD drives.

Has there been any intentional change that would require modifications in
libdvdcss?

Last known good kernel is 2.6.18-rc2-mm1 (didn't keep binaries for those in
between and I'm confined to abysmally slow compile machines at the moment).

2006-10-13 12:18:51

by Arjan van de Ven

Subject: Re: Current kernels break libdvdcss

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 14:08 +0200, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:

> The player just says it can't open /dev/dvd with libdvdcss; after that, dmesg
> points out
>
> hdX: read_intr: Drive wants to transfer data the wrong way!

the error that caused this message got fixed in git yesterday..

--
if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at) linux.intel.com