2006-11-01 01:03:13

by nick thompson

Subject: vr linux? linux for ibm workpad z50?

Hi,
I hope this is ok for the list, please tell me if not. I have a workpad
z50 w/ 48 megs of ram. I have seen all the vr linux and linux mips pages
and info that is out there. What I want to know is, is anyone interested
in starting where vr linux left off and getting an up to date kernel
running on the z50? I am, just wondering if anyone else is.

Nick

"All unix, all the time."

http://npt.ath.cx

2006-11-01 01:48:33

by Yoichi Yuasa

Subject: Re: vr linux? linux for ibm workpad z50?

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:00:51 -0600
nick thompson <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I hope this is ok for the list, please tell me if not. I have a workpad
> z50 w/ 48 megs of ram. I have seen all the vr linux and linux mips pages
> and info that is out there. What I want to know is, is anyone interested
> in starting where vr linux left off and getting an up to date kernel
> running on the z50? I am, just wondering if anyone else is.

The z50 is supported both 2.4 and 2.6 .
About some devices support, 2.4 is better than 2.6.

Yoichi