2007-01-10 21:17:18

by Giuliano Pochini

Subject: Hard lock with a CD-R and k3b

I have a CD-R that makes linux lock hard when I start k3b. I copied these
messages from the console by hand (I hope there are no errors). NB: these
are not kernel messages (there's nothing in the logs and sysrq doesn't
work). This is what k3b prints and I'm aware it's not very useful:

[...]
Diskinfo:
mediatype: CD-R
current profile: CD-R
disk state: incomplete
empty: false
rewritable: false
appendable: true
sessions: 4
tracvks: 4
layers: 1
capacity: ... LBA 336601 ...
remaining size: ... LBA 25803 ...
used size: ... LBA 310798 ...
====
SCSi command failed:
command: READ DVD STRUCT (ad)
errorcode: 70
sense key: illegal request (5)
asc: 30
ascq: 2
(k3bdevice::device) /dec/hdf: READ DVD STRUCTURE length det failed
<BOOM>

I'll try the same CD with other kernel versions/archictures. In the
meantime, have you any hints ?

[Linux Jay 2.6.19 #1 SMP Fri Dec 1 00:06:24 CET 2006 ppc 7455, altivec supported PowerMac3,6 GNU/Linux]

--
Giuliano.

2007-01-10 21:34:31

by Giuliano Pochini

Subject: Re: Hard lock with a CD-R and k3b

> I have a CD-R that makes linux lock hard when I start k3b.

Oops, I sent this message by mistake. I'm still investigating this issue.

--
Giuliano.