2007-01-06 18:46:42

by Josef Sipek

Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Guilt 0.16

Guilt (Git Quilt) is a series of bash scripts which add a Mercurial
queues-like [1] functionality and interface to git. The one distinguishing
feature from other quilt-like porcelains, is the format of the patches
directory. _All_ the information is stored as plain text - a series file and
the patches (one per file). This easily lends itself to versioning the
patches using any number of of SCMs.

Tarballs:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jsipek/guilt/

Git repository:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jsipek/guilt.git

The code is licensed under GPLv2.

Of course, contributions and feedback are welcomed :)

Josef "Jeff" Sipek.

[1] http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/MqExtension

2007-01-06 19:58:05

by Horst H. von Brand

Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Guilt 0.16

Josef Sipek <[email protected]> wrote:
> Guilt (Git Quilt) is a series of bash scripts which add a Mercurial
> queues-like [1] functionality and interface to git. The one distinguishing
> feature from other quilt-like porcelains, is the format of the patches
> directory. _All_ the information is stored as plain text - a series file and
> the patches (one per file). This easily lends itself to versioning the
> patches using any number of of SCMs.

A installation script/Makefile (or at least instructions) is missing...

by Jan Engelhardt

On Jan 6 2007 13:46, Josef Sipek wrote:

>Guilt (Git Quilt) is a series of bash scripts which add a Mercurial

"I feel so guilty when using guilt!"

Oh well I should point out that people should give
tools a better naming. :-)
Prime examples are "Squid", "Icecream", and to a
lesser extent "Apache".
Perhaps gquilt?

>queues-like [1] functionality and interface to git. The one distinguishing
>feature from other quilt-like porcelains, is the format of the patches
>directory. _All_ the information is stored as plain text - a series file and
>the patches (one per file). This easily lends itself to versioning the
>patches using any number of of SCMs.

-`J'

by Stefan Richter

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> "I feel so guilty when using guilt!"
>
> Oh well I should point out that people should give
> tools a better naming. :-)
> Prime examples are "Squid", "Icecream", and to a
> lesser extent "Apache".
> Perhaps gquilt?

Both guilt and gquilt introduce a potential of mistyped commands.
guilt is nicer to type though.
--
Stefan Richter
-=====-=-=== ---= --==-

2007-01-06 22:14:12

by Josef Sipek

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 04:57:31PM -0300, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
> Josef Sipek <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Guilt (Git Quilt) is a series of bash scripts which add a Mercurial
> > queues-like [1] functionality and interface to git. The one distinguishing
> > feature from other quilt-like porcelains, is the format of the patches
> > directory. _All_ the information is stored as plain text - a series file and
> > the patches (one per file). This easily lends itself to versioning the
> > patches using any number of of SCMs.
>
> A installation script/Makefile (or at least instructions) is missing...

Ah, good point. Just include the dir in your path. That's all.

/me goes to make a small makefile

Josef "Jeff" Sipek.

--
Humans were created by water to transport it upward.

2007-01-06 23:08:10

by Juergen Ruehle

Jan Engelhardt writes:

> On Jan 6 2007 13:46, Josef Sipek wrote:
> >
> >Guilt (Git Quilt) is a series of bash scripts which add a Mercurial
>
> "I feel so guilty when using guilt!"
>
> Oh well I should point out that people should give
> tools a better naming. :-)

I didn't know there was a tool name 'goodness' metric:-)

I rather like 'Guilt'.