2007-02-10 17:32:21

by S.Çağlar Onur

Subject: Re: + kvm-fix-asm-constraint-for-lldt-instruction.patch added to -mm tree

Hi;

31 Oca 2007 Çar tarihinde, [email protected] şunları yazmıştı:
> The patch titled
> kvm: Fix asm constraint for lldt instruction
> has been added to the -mmtree. Its filename is
> kvm-fix-asm-constraint-for-lldt-instruction.patch

Is it possible to merge it into .20.1, its really trivial and its the only
compile fix for gcc-4.2.x?

Yours
--
S.Çağlar Onur <[email protected]>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!

Attachments:
(No filename) (523.00 B)
(No filename) (189.00 B)

by Andrew Morton

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 19:32:30 +0200 "S.Çağlar Onur" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi;
>
> 31 Oca 2007 Çar tarihinde, [email protected] şunları yazmıştı:
> > The patch titled
> > kvm: Fix asm constraint for lldt instruction
> > has been added to the -mmtree. Its filename is
> > kvm-fix-asm-constraint-for-lldt-instruction.patch
>
> Is it possible to merge it into .20.1, its really trivial and its the only
> compile fix for gcc-4.2.x?

OK by be. Avi?

2007-02-11 06:11:51

by Avi Kivity

Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 19:32:30 +0200 "S.Çağlar Onur" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> Hi;
>>
>> 31 Oca 2007 Çar tarihinde, [email protected] şunları yazmıştı:
>>
>>> The patch titled
>>> kvm: Fix asm constraint for lldt instruction
>>> has been added to the -mmtree. Its filename is
>>> kvm-fix-asm-constraint-for-lldt-instruction.patch
>>>
>> Is it possible to merge it into .20.1, its really trivial and its the only
>> compile fix for gcc-4.2.x?
>>

> OK by be. Avi?

No objections, though I'm wondering whether fixing a miscompile on an
unreleased compiler is a stability fix.