2007-06-08 14:53:47

by Paul Albrecht

Subject: What's up with 2.6.20?

Hi,

I sent a message to the list yesterday describing a problem using via
hardware and a ps/2 keyboard for console input yesterday.

The reason I posted a description to the kernel mailing list is because
I have used the same software/hardware combination for some time and
only noticed the problem after upgrading the kernel from 2.6.13.2 to
2.6.20.

Seems like an obvious regression so I was wondering if I could get some
help resolving the problem here?

Paul Albrecht

2007-06-08 15:07:01

by Andrew Walrond

Subject: Re: What's up with 2.6.20?

On Friday 08 June 2007 14:57:45 Paul Albrecht wrote:

> Seems like an obvious regression so I was wondering if I could get some
> help resolving the problem here?

I see a reply from Dimitry Torokhov which you haven't acknowledged. Did you
miss it?

Andrew Walrond

PS 'Nudge' messages like this should be in reply to your original message.
People aren't going to hunt back through 450 messages to find out what you
said yesterday...

2007-06-08 15:34:07

by Paul Albrecht

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 16:06 +0100, Andrew Walrond wrote:
> On Friday 08 June 2007 14:57:45 Paul Albrecht wrote:
> >
> > Seems like an obvious regression so I was wondering if I could get some
> > help resolving the problem here?
> >

> I see a reply from Dimitry Torokhov which you haven't acknowledged. Did you
> miss it?

Yes, I missed Dimitry's response. I'll try a later kernel as he
suggested and follow up with him shortly. Thanks for the pointer to his
message.

Paul Albrecht