2007-06-20 15:38:22

by H. Peter Anvin

I would like to make a request to LKML archives. It would be a highly
useful feature to have an archive site where one can algorithmically
produce a URL from the Message-ID, so one can post a clickable URL from
a delivered message without having to look it up every time.

For example, if a message had:

... and I could just generate a URL:

http://linux-kernel.example.com/msgid/[email protected]

... that would be highly convenient.

(Extra points if all the vger lists are available, not just LKML.)

-hpa

2007-06-20 15:52:24

by Björn Steinbrink

On 2007.06.20 08:37:48 -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> I would like to make a request to LKML archives. It would be a highly
> useful feature to have an archive site where one can algorithmically
> produce a URL from the Message-ID, so one can post a clickable URL from
> a delivered message without having to look it up every time.
>
> For example, if a message had:

> ... and I could just generate a URL:
>
> http://linux-kernel.example.com/msgid/[email protected]
>
> ... that would be highly convenient.
>
> (Extra points if all the vger lists are available, not just LKML.)

marc.info supports that.

http://marc.info/[email protected]

Bj?rn

2007-06-20 15:57:37

by H. Peter Anvin

Bj?rn Steinbrink wrote:

> marc.info supports that.
>
> http://marc.info/[email protected]

Excellent! Didn't see that documented anywhere.

-hpa

2007-06-20 16:59:45

by Hank Leininger

2007-06-20 18:51:41

by Ben Pfaff

"H. Peter Anvin" <[email protected]> writes:

> For example, if a message had:

> ... and I could just generate a URL:
>
> http://linux-kernel.example.com/msgid/[email protected]

gmane can do that:
http://mid.gmane.org/[email protected]

> (Extra points if all the vger lists are available, not just LKML.)

gmane has thousands of free software mailing lists. I don't know
whether it has all of the vger lists.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org