2007-08-09 17:37:20

by Markus

Subject: Re: [patch] CFS scheduler, -v19

Well, I am back now, but the problem still exists in 2.6.23-rc2.
And as there is nothing more I can do thats it for now.

Markus

2007-08-10 07:47:18

by Ingo Molnar

* Markus <[email protected]> wrote:

> Well, I am back now, but the problem still exists in 2.6.23-rc2. And
> as there is nothing more I can do thats it for now.

could you send me your debug-info:

http://people.redhat.com/mingo/cfs-scheduler/tools/cfs-debug-info.sh

just run that script on 2.6.23-rc2 system and send me the file it
produces. I've got a theory about what might be going on, and this
debug-info could help prove/disprove it.

Ingo

2007-08-14 17:15:40

by Markus

> could you send me your debug-info:
>
> http://people.redhat.com/mingo/cfs-scheduler/tools/cfs-debug-info.sh
>
> just run that script on 2.6.23-rc2 system and send me the file it
> produces. I've got a theory about what might be going on, and this
> debug-info could help prove/disprove it.
Done by private mail on friday.

Also tried the very current linux-2.6.git (friday aswell) with
sched-ingo-combo.patch (as told in a private answer mail).

Nothing fixed it so far.

If I can do anything...

Markus