2007-09-20 14:02:14

by Denys Vlasenko

Subject: arch/x86_64/kernel/Makefile: why EXTRA_AFLAGS := -traditional

Hi Andi,

arch/x86_64/kernel/Makefile has

EXTRA_AFLAGS := -traditional

and this is causing me trouble with #define MACRO(a,b) a.b
(defined in one of included header file).
It expands incorrectly, as "a. b" - extra space.

If I use a.##b, all other .S files suffer - I am getting
a.##b expansion in them.

Can I remove EXTRA_AFLAGS := -traditional?
--
vda

2007-09-20 14:10:07

by Andi Kleen

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 03:01:43PM +0100, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> Hi Andi,
>
> arch/x86_64/kernel/Makefile has
>
> EXTRA_AFLAGS := -traditional
>
> and this is causing me trouble with #define MACRO(a,b) a.b
> (defined in one of included header file).
> It expands incorrectly, as "a. b" - extra space.
>
> If I use a.##b, all other .S files suffer - I am getting
> a.##b expansion in them.
>
> Can I remove EXTRA_AFLAGS := -traditional?

Inherited long ago from i386. Does it build without it?
If yes it's ok to remove.

-Andi