2007-10-15 18:53:13

by Mohamed Bamakhrama

Subject: Flynn's Original Paper about Computer Organization

Hi all,
I am looking for Michael Flynn original paper about computer
organization in which Flynn devised the so-called "Flynn Taxonomy". I
tried Google, IEEE Xplore, ACM, Yahoo but in vain. I would be very
grateful if someone can post a scanned version of the manuscript.
Here is the citation as generated by the paper BibTeX entry in Google scholar:

Michael J. Flynn. Some Computer Organizations and Their Effectiveness. IEEE
Transactions on Computers, 21(9):948{960, 1972.

link: http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=Some+computer+organizations&hl=en&lr=&btnG=Search

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

--
Mohamed A. Bamakhrama
Web: http://home.cs.tum.edu/~bamakhra/

2007-10-15 19:30:00

by Alan

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:52:50 +0200
"Mohamed Bamakhrama" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am looking for Michael Flynn original paper about computer
> organization in which Flynn devised the so-called "Flynn Taxonomy". I
> tried Google, IEEE Xplore, ACM, Yahoo but in vain. I would be very
> grateful if someone can post a scanned version of the manuscript.

You may find the following useful

http://en.wikipedia.org/Wiki/Copyright

Please don't ask on this list for people to abuse copyright law.

Alan

2007-10-15 21:08:48

by John Stoffel

Mohamed> I am looking for Michael Flynn original paper about computer
Mohamed> organization in which Flynn devised the so-called "Flynn
Mohamed> Taxonomy". I tried Google, IEEE Xplore, ACM, Yahoo but in
Mohamed> vain. I would be very grateful if someone can post a scanned
Mohamed> version of the manuscript. Here is the citation as generated
Mohamed> by the paper BibTeX entry in Google scholar:

Mohamed> Michael J. Flynn. Some Computer Organizations and Their
Mohamed> Effectiveness. IEEE Transactions on Computers, 21(9):948{960,
Mohamed> 1972.

Goto any large university library or computer science department, they
should be able to find this for you. This isn't an LKML issue.

John

2007-10-18 00:29:50

by Bill Davidsen

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:52:50 +0200
> "Mohamed Bamakhrama" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I am looking for Michael Flynn original paper about computer
>> organization in which Flynn devised the so-called "Flynn Taxonomy". I
>> tried Google, IEEE Xplore, ACM, Yahoo but in vain. I would be very
>> grateful if someone can post a scanned version of the manuscript.
>
> You may find the following useful
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/Wiki/Copyright
>
> Please don't ask on this list for people to abuse copyright law.

His request is off-topic, and "post" would be a violation, but he is
allowed a personal copy under "fair use" doctrine unless the law has
changed recently.

US copyright is unique, things on which copyright has expired were
re-protected when the law changed, making copying which was legal when
done a crime after the fact. I'm not sure British law using 400 year old
precedents is better, just more predictable.

--
Bill Davidsen <[email protected]>