2007-10-29 22:44:59

by CIJOML

Subject: Re: Phis in /proc/bus/input/devices same for all devices?

Dne ?t 22. ?nora 2007 Dmitry Torokhov napsal(a):
> On 2/21/07, CIJOML <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Dne ?tvrtek 22 ?nor 2007 00:00 Marcel Holtmann napsal(a):
> > > Hi Michal,

> > > it makes sense to make it analogous to the USB driver, where the phys
> > > includes the USB path. The equivalent for Bluetooth is the source plus
> > > destination.

> > > I don't know how "Phis" suppose to work, but I might think it is better
> > > using vendor and product ID for matching.
> >
> > Xorg just reads lines from devices and match devices against it. So Phis
> > makes configuration easier ;), because only one line is enough to match
> > device.
>
> They can get vendor and id from /proc/input/devices as well. Plus I
> will export uniq in /proc/bus/input/devices and then yo can ask X guys
> to allow matching on uniq as well.

Hi Dmitri,

I watched at 2.6.23 and this is still not done yet. Are there any patches
available to use???

Thanks a lot for reply

Michal

2007-10-30 03:52:53

by Dmitry Torokhov

Hi Michal,

On Monday 29 October 2007, CIJOML wrote:
> Dne ?t 22. ?nora 2007 Dmitry Torokhov napsal(a):
>
> > Plus I
> > will export uniq in /proc/bus/input/devices and then yo can ask X guys
> > to allow matching on uniq as well.
>
> Hi Dmitri,
>
> I watched at 2.6.23 and this is still not done yet. Are there any patches
> available to use???

Input core does export uniq in /proc/bus/input/devices so now it is
up to individual drivers to populate this field in input_dev
structure.

--
Dmitry

2007-10-30 14:51:41

by CIJOML

Hi Marcel,

are there any patches available to support uniq? I really want to have easy
setup of my 2 same diNovo desktops keyboarad sets each with different keymap
etc...

Dimitri thank you a lot for support so I can push Xguys now ;)

Michal