2007-12-04 19:20:38

by Kristoffer Ericson

Subject: Best way to detect CF id strings

Greetings,

Usually I detect them by attaching CF->PCMCIA adapter to my laptop, but would much rather be able to use my usb-CF adapter.
This would also alot easier to explain to users which are having issues (unsupported/unknown id's).

Any good suggestions on this?

Best wishes
Kristoffer

2007-12-04 20:35:17

by Alan

Subject: Re: Best way to detect CF id strings

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 20:19:33 +0100
Kristoffer Ericson <[email protected]> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Usually I detect them by attaching CF->PCMCIA adapter to my laptop, but would much rather be able to use my usb-CF adapter.
> This would also alot easier to explain to users which are having issues (unsupported/unknown id's).

What sort of "id" are we talking about here ?

2007-12-04 20:38:28

by Kristoffer Ericson

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 20:30:38 +0000
Alan Cox <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 20:19:33 +0100
> Kristoffer Ericson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Usually I detect them by attaching CF->PCMCIA adapter to my laptop, but would much rather be able to use my usb-CF adapter.
> > This would also alot easier to explain to users which are having issues (unsupported/unknown id's).
>
> What sort of "id" are we talking about here ?

Manufacturer and product id. Since the CF needs to be known to be used as an ide-cs device.