2008-03-02 01:06:06

by Ray Lee

Subject: Oops in mac80211:rate_control_pid_tx_status

Kernel version 2.6.24+ a little (but pre-rc1).

I have a wireless base station that I switched from B/G mixed mode to
purely B to try to debug a separate issue with a different device on
my network. As soon as I did that (and on every subsequent boot), the
system oopses as soon as it tries to associate. Switching the base
station back to "mixed" avoids the oops.

This is with the b43 driver.

Nothing gets to the logs, but there's a photo at:
http://madrabbit.org/~ray/mac80211-oops.jpg

Ray

2008-03-02 11:17:08

by Stefano Brivio

Subject: Re: Oops in mac80211:rate_control_pid_tx_status

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 17:05:50 -0800
"Ray Lee" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Kernel version 2.6.24+ a little (but pre-rc1).
>
> I have a wireless base station that I switched from B/G mixed mode to
> purely B to try to debug a separate issue with a different device on
> my network. As soon as I did that (and on every subsequent boot), the
> system oopses as soon as it tries to associate. Switching the base
> station back to "mixed" avoids the oops.

Known and fixed. The fix is in the wireless-testing tree, and I just sent
it rebased against 2.6.25-rc3. Please test:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=120445495012387&w=2

--
Ciao
Stefano

2008-03-02 17:17:46

by Ray Lee

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 3:04 AM, Stefano Brivio <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 17:05:50 -0800
> "Ray Lee" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Kernel version 2.6.24+ a little (but pre-rc1).
> >
> > I have a wireless base station that I switched from B/G mixed mode to
> > purely B to try to debug a separate issue with a different device on
> > my network. As soon as I did that (and on every subsequent boot), the
> > system oopses as soon as it tries to associate. Switching the base
> > station back to "mixed" avoids the oops.
>
> Known and fixed. The fix is in the wireless-testing tree, and I just sent
> it rebased against 2.6.25-rc3. Please test:
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=120445495012387&w=2

Will do. Thanks!