2008-03-10 12:15:58

by Kristoffer Ericson

Subject: [SITE http://www.kernelarchive.com] - Request for kernels

Greetings,

Hope Im not upsetting by posting this http link. My main thought about this site is not to compete with
kernelnewbies or kerneltrap. instead its to give room to the linux kernel ports available (that rarely get any spotlight).
Im going to hold record of what kernels work for a specific platform, maintainer, git repositories and so on.
This is not a one day site, I intend to have this running for a long time since it doesn't cost me anything. It will
be free and open to anyone.

So Im asking maintainers to hand me kernels for their obscure machines. Im especially interested in handhelds and
old-style computers. Examples :
Amiga, Atari, spitz, collie, sparc, s390, powerpc, development boards... basicly anything non-x86.

In mail, please supply any sources (git repositories, patches and so on).

--
Kristoffer Ericson <[email protected]>

2008-03-10 18:41:42

by Adrian Bunk

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 01:17:00PM -0700, Kristoffer Ericson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Hope Im not upsetting by posting this http link. My main thought about this site is not to compete with
> kernelnewbies or kerneltrap. instead its to give room to the linux kernel ports available (that rarely get any spotlight).
> Im going to hold record of what kernels work for a specific platform, maintainer, git repositories and so on.
> This is not a one day site, I intend to have this running for a long time since it doesn't cost me anything. It will
> be free and open to anyone.
>
> So Im asking maintainers to hand me kernels for their obscure machines. Im especially interested in handhelds and
> old-style computers. Examples :
> Amiga, Atari, spitz, collie, sparc, s390, powerpc, development boards... basicly anything non-x86.

An Amiga should (at least theoretically) run with an ftp.kernel.org
kernel and the configuration you get with amiga_defconfig.

The same goes for all other platforms you mention.

There is a window between support for a platform being developed and it
entering the main kernel tree, but that should only be a short window.

And in case a platform support stays long-term only in an external tree
that's nothing that requires documentation - that's a problem that
should be fixed.

> In mail, please supply any sources (git repositories, patches and so on).

cu
Adrian

BTW: Please correct the time setting on your computer.

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed