2008-08-19 13:43:33

by Frans Meulenbroeks

Subject: openpromfs; CONFIG_SUN_OPENPROMFS; used ?? or orphaned??

While roaming through the fs tree I bumped upon the directory openpromfs

Is this one orphaned?
I saw that the Makefile references CONFIG_SUN_OPENPROMFS, but I could not find
it in a Kconfig file nor in the .config I generated (not even a
CONFIG_SUN_OPENPROMFS not set line).
(so either it does not exist, or my eyes are getting old).

As such it does not seem too useful (unless I am overlooking things):

Two options:
- add it to some Kconfig (and note I cannot do that, I have not the
faintest idea what it is, actually I got there out of curiosity).
- rm -rf openromfs

2008-08-19 13:46:31

by Adrian Bunk

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 03:43:22PM +0200, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> While roaming through the fs tree I bumped upon the directory openpromfs
>
> Is this one orphaned?
> I saw that the Makefile references CONFIG_SUN_OPENPROMFS, but I could not find
> it in a Kconfig file

$ grep -r SUN_OPENPROMFS *
arch/sparc/Kconfig:config SUN_OPENPROMFS

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

2008-08-19 23:00:40

by David Miller

From: Adrian Bunk <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 16:46:10 +0300

> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 03:43:22PM +0200, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
> > While roaming through the fs tree I bumped upon the directory openpromfs
> >
> > Is this one orphaned?
> > I saw that the Makefile references CONFIG_SUN_OPENPROMFS, but I could not find
> > it in a Kconfig file
>
> $ grep -r SUN_OPENPROMFS *
> arch/sparc/Kconfig:config SUN_OPENPROMFS

Yep, only sparc and sparc64 provide this setting.