Subject: 2.6.28-rc4 suspend issues on Lenovo X200

Hello!

Using 2.6.28-rc4 and *NO* acpi_sleep=s3_bios:

- suspend and wakeup on console works (!)
-> this is new, before screen was black after wakeup
- suspend on x11 works
wakeup on x11 freezes, causes automatic reboot
- switch away from x11 to console,
suspend on console:
wakeup -> works
switch to x11 -> freeze & reboot

It would be nice, if someone could CC me to

'nico-linux-lenovox200-suspend at schottelius.org'

if there is some progress made. Currently it's just getting
me tired always having to fsck the filesystem after a suspend
try.

Sincerly,

Nico

--
Think about Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
http://nico.schottelius.org/documentations/foss/the-term-foss/

PGP: BFE4 C736 ABE5 406F 8F42 F7CF B8BE F92A 9885 188C

Attachments:
(No filename) (788.00 B)
signature.asc (197.00 B)
Digital signature

by Rafael J. Wysocki

Subject: Re: 2.6.28-rc4 suspend issues on Lenovo X200

On Friday, 14 of November 2008, Nico -telmich- Schottelius wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Using 2.6.28-rc4 and *NO* acpi_sleep=s3_bios:
>
> - suspend and wakeup on console works (!)
> -> this is new, before screen was black after wakeup
> - suspend on x11 works
> wakeup on x11 freezes, causes automatic reboot
> - switch away from x11 to console,
> suspend on console:
> wakeup -> works
> switch to x11 -> freeze & reboot
>
> It would be nice, if someone could CC me to
>
> 'nico-linux-lenovox200-suspend at schottelius.org'
>
> if there is some progress made. Currently it's just getting
> me tired always having to fsck the filesystem after a suspend
> try.

Well, given that you appear to be the only person able to reproduce this
problem, it'll rather be difficult to debug it without your help.

Thanks,
Rafael

2008-11-19 16:53:23

by Pavel Machek

On Fri 2008-11-14 12:54:51, Nico -telmich- Schottelius wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Using 2.6.28-rc4 and *NO* acpi_sleep=s3_bios:
>
> - suspend and wakeup on console works (!)
> -> this is new, before screen was black after wakeup
> - suspend on x11 works
> wakeup on x11 freezes, causes automatic reboot
> - switch away from x11 to console,
> suspend on console:
> wakeup -> works
> switch to x11 -> freeze & reboot

Seems like a X problem to me.... can you try to run X with fbdev
driver?

> It would be nice, if someone could CC me to
>
> 'nico-linux-lenovox200-suspend at schottelius.org'

Cc yourself, I always do group replies...
Pavel