2008-11-19 16:26:21

by Marc Perkel

Subject: OT - Software Router for Linux

I'm looking for a way to turn a Linux computer into a router as a front end for a small web hosting / spam filtering operation. Part of this is just educational for me. I want it to be web based controls and easy to use and install is the most important feature. I want to run it under Fedora so RPM based install would be great.

Suggestions?

2008-11-19 18:23:19

by Jan-Benedict Glaw

Subject: Re: OT - Software Router for Linux

On Wed, 2008-11-19 08:19:29 -0800, Marc Perkel <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to turn a Linux computer into a router as a
> front end for a small web hosting / spam filtering operation. Part
> of this is just educational for me. I want it to be web based
> controls and easy to use and install is the most important feature.
> I want to run it under Fedora so RPM based install would be great.

Just configure it. Where do you face specific kernel problems?

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw [email protected] +49-172-7608481
Signature of: 17:45 <@Eimann> Hrm, das E90 hat keinen Lebenszeit Call-Time Counter mehr

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.01 kB)
signature.asc (189.00 B)
Digital signature

by J.R. Mauro

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Marc Perkel <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to turn a Linux computer into a router as a front end for a small web hosting / spam filtering operation. Part of this is just educational for me. I want it to be web based controls and easy to use and install is the most important feature. I want to run it under Fedora so RPM based install would be great.
>
> Suggestions?

This list is for kernel development. Try asking around Fedora forums
or IRC channels on freenode.