2009-03-09 22:32:01

by Martin Michlmayr

Subject: comedi/drivers.c uses PAGE_KERNEL_NOCACHE

I noticed the following build failure in comedi/drivers.c on ARM:

| drivers/staging/comedi/drivers.c:497: error: 'PAGE_KERNEL_NOCACHE' undeclared (first use in this function)

Apparently Geert Uytterhoeven pointed out this problem back in January:
"which requires PAGE_KERNEL_NOCACHE, which is defined on 4 out of 22
architectures only (x86, frv, m32r, mn10300)." - http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/1/12/45

Is anything being done about this problem?

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/

2009-03-09 23:53:54

by Greg KH

Subject: Re: comedi/drivers.c uses PAGE_KERNEL_NOCACHE

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 11:31:39PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> I noticed the following build failure in comedi/drivers.c on ARM:
>
> | drivers/staging/comedi/drivers.c:497: error: 'PAGE_KERNEL_NOCACHE' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> Apparently Geert Uytterhoeven pointed out this problem back in January:
> "which requires PAGE_KERNEL_NOCACHE, which is defined on 4 out of 22
> architectures only (x86, frv, m32r, mn10300)." - http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/1/12/45
>
> Is anything being done about this problem?

Oops, sorry, no, I missed that one.

Care to send a patch to fix it up?

thanks,

greg k-h