2009-04-27 21:04:41

by Chris Frey

Subject: fs/cifs/connect.c fix missing in latest stable

Hi Chris,

The latest stable release 2.6.29.2 appears to be missing Jeff Layton's
fix in commit f083def68f84b04fe3f97312498911afce79609e (in Linus's tree).

I'm not the expert... I just noticed that this was mentioned on
full-disclosure: http://marc.info/?l=full-disclosure&m=123936563230145&w=2
(near the end of Andreas's post)

Thanks,
- Chris

2009-04-27 22:11:55

by Chris Wright

Subject: Re: fs/cifs/connect.c fix missing in latest stable

* Chris Frey ([email protected]) wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> The latest stable release 2.6.29.2 appears to be missing Jeff Layton's
> fix in commit f083def68f84b04fe3f97312498911afce79609e (in Linus's tree).
>
> I'm not the expert... I just noticed that this was mentioned on
> full-disclosure: http://marc.info/?l=full-disclosure&m=123936563230145&w=2
> (near the end of Andreas's post)

Yes, I think cifs developers are still doing cleanups in that area.
Jeff?

thanks,
-chris

2009-04-27 23:46:20

by Jeff Layton

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:11:21 -0700
Chris Wright <[email protected]> wrote:

> * Chris Frey ([email protected]) wrote:
> > Hi Chris,
> >
> > The latest stable release 2.6.29.2 appears to be missing Jeff Layton's
> > fix in commit f083def68f84b04fe3f97312498911afce79609e (in Linus's tree).
> >
> > I'm not the expert... I just noticed that this was mentioned on
> > full-disclosure: http://marc.info/?l=full-disclosure&m=123936563230145&w=2
> > (near the end of Andreas's post)
>
> Yes, I think cifs developers are still doing cleanups in that area.
> Jeff?

Yes, we are but they're pretty close. Some have already gone in and
some are still outstanding. Suresh J. has done the bulk of the work,
but there are a few additional fixes for other areas too.

I've been traveling for the last week, and took today off. My plan is
to get with Steve French tomorrow and finalize a set of fixes for his
tree that he can push to mainline and stable.

--
Jeff Layton <[email protected]>

2009-04-27 23:48:18

by Chris Wright

* Jeff Layton ([email protected]) wrote:
> Yes, we are but they're pretty close. Some have already gone in and
> some are still outstanding. Suresh J. has done the bulk of the work,
> but there are a few additional fixes for other areas too.
>
> I've been traveling for the last week, and took today off. My plan is
> to get with Steve French tomorrow and finalize a set of fixes for his
> tree that he can push to mainline and stable.

Sounds good, thanks for the update.
-chris

2009-04-27 23:48:34

by Steve French

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Jeff Layton <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:11:21 -0700
> Chris Wright <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> * Chris Frey ([email protected]) wrote:
>> > Hi Chris,
>> >
>> > The latest stable release 2.6.29.2 appears to be missing Jeff Layton's
>> > fix in commit f083def68f84b04fe3f97312498911afce79609e (in Linus's tree).
>> >
>> > I'm not the expert... I just noticed that this was mentioned on
>> > full-disclosure: http://marc.info/?l=full-disclosure&m=123936563230145&w=2
>> > (near the end of Andreas's post)
>>
>> Yes, I think cifs developers are still doing cleanups in that area.
>> Jeff?
>>

> Yes, we are but they're pretty close. Some have already gone in and
> some are still outstanding. Suresh J. has done the bulk of the work,
> but there are a few additional fixes for other areas too.
>
> I've been traveling for the last week, and took today off. My plan is
> to get with Steve French tomorrow and finalize a set of fixes for his
> tree that he can push to mainline and stable.

I think Suresh has been out too. I am only waiting to get some
minor clarifications before I ack the fixes from Suresh.

Steve