2009-07-02 19:10:56

by Chris Mason

Subject: [GIT PULL] Btrfs updates for 2.6.31-rc

Hello everyone,

Here are some btrfs updates. Most of them are small bug fixes, but the
large commit from Yan Zheng is step one in getting snapshot deletion
rolling. There is also has a nice CPU usage reduction for
streaming writes to a file.

Linus, please pull the master branch of btrfs-unstable:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mason/btrfs-unstable.git master

Chris Mason (3) commits (+15/-9):
Btrfs: don't log the inode in file_write while growing the file (+4/-1)
Btrfs: fix the file clone ioctl for preallocated extents (+4/-2)
Btrfs: honor nodatacow/sum mount options for new files (+7/-6)

Josef Bacik (1) commits (+11/-1):
Btrfs: account for space we may use in fallocate

Yan Zheng (1) commits (+395/-181):
Btrfs: update backrefs while dropping snapshot

Total: (5) commits

fs/btrfs/ctree.h | 3
fs/btrfs/extent-tree.c | 564 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------
fs/btrfs/file.c | 5
fs/btrfs/inode.c | 25 +-
fs/btrfs/ioctl.c | 6
fs/btrfs/relocation.c | 5
fs/btrfs/transaction.c | 4

by Chris Mason

Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] Btrfs updates for 2.6.31-rc

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 03:10:35PM -0400, Chris Mason wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Here are some btrfs updates. Most of them are small bug fixes, but the
> large commit from Yan Zheng is step one in getting snapshot deletion
> rolling. There is also has a nice CPU usage reduction for
> streaming writes to a file.
>
> Linus, please pull the master branch of btrfs-unstable:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mason/btrfs-unstable.git master

Sorry, I was a two commits off in generating the stats. The code in the
btrfs-unstable tree hasn't changed, but here are the correct stats:

Chris Mason (3) commits (+15/-9):
Btrfs: don't log the inode in file_write while growing the file (+4/-1)
Btrfs: fix the file clone ioctl for preallocated extents (+4/-2)
Btrfs: honor nodatacow/sum mount options for new files (+7/-6)

Yan Zheng (1) commits (+395/-181):
Btrfs: update backrefs while dropping snapshot

Josef Bacik (1) commits (+11/-1):
Btrfs: account for space we may use in fallocate

Jiri Slaby (1) commits (+1/-1):
Btrfs: fix use after free in btrfs_start_workers fail path

Hu Tao (1) commits (+1/-1):
Btrfs: fix error message formatting

Total: (7) commits

fs/btrfs/async-thread.c | 2