2009-09-06 15:07:12

by Geert Uytterhoeven

Subject: [IMPORTANT] linux-fbdev is moving to kernel.org

Hi all,

The linux-fbdev mailing lists (linux-fbdev-devel and
linux-fbdev-users) are being
migrated from SourceForge.net to a single mailing list at kernel.org
(Thanks David!).

Your subscriptions to the old mailing lists are not automatically
transfered to the new mailing list.To subscribe to the new linux-fbdev
mailing list, please send an email to [email protected] with
the following command in the body of your email message:

subscribe linux-fbdev

In about a week from now, I'll setup auto-responders on the old
mailing lists, to redirect people to the new mailing list.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

I haven't arranged archives of the new mailing list yet. I also
haven't send a patch to Linus to update MAINTAINERS. I will do that in
the coming days.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- [email protected]

-- Linus Torvalds

2009-09-06 15:51:42

by Bruno Prémont

Subject: Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] [IMPORTANT] linux-fbdev is moving to kernel.org

Hi Geert,

On Sun, 06 September 2009 Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> The linux-fbdev mailing lists (linux-fbdev-devel and
> linux-fbdev-users) are being migrated from SourceForge.net to a
> single mailing list at kernel.org
> (Thanks David!).

> I haven't arranged archives of the new mailing list yet. I also
> haven't send a patch to Linus to update MAINTAINERS. I will do that
> in the coming days.

While subscribing the new list to archive services it might be a good
opportunity to also "subscribe" the new list to patchwork.

The question though is who shall manage it so as to have the patch
listing match the actual patch state... (e.g. so it's not just an index
of all patches submitted but with all patches marked "new" forever)

Bruno

2009-12-03 19:01:07

by Geert Uytterhoeven

Subject: Re: [IMPORTANT] linux-fbdev is moving to kernel.org

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 16:07, Geert Uytterhoeven <[email protected]> wrote:
> The linux-fbdev mailing lists (linux-fbdev-devel and
> linux-fbdev-users) are being

and linux-fbdev-announce.

> (Thanks David!).
>
> Your subscriptions to the old mailing lists are not automatically
> transfered to the new mailing list.To subscribe to the new linux-fbdev
> mailing list, please send an email to [email protected] with
> the following command in the body of your email message:
>
>    subscribe linux-fbdev
>
> In about a week from now, I'll setup auto-responders on the old
> mailing lists, to redirect people to the new mailing list.

Done.

> Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
>
> I haven't arranged archives of the new mailing list yet. I also

Done (at MARC, cfr. http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-fbdev).

Still have to collect and send the mails that were sent before MARC
started archiving.

> haven't send a patch to Linus to update MAINTAINERS. I will do that in
> the coming days.

Done, in 2.6.32.

Let's hope I can start living in a spam-free moderation-less world...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert