2009-11-02 11:16:35

by Sergei Poselenov

Subject: Re: Patch: Fix userland build failure in linux/if_tunnel.h

Hello Steffen,

Hm, I received a confirmation, that my fix was applied
http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg103860.html

However, it indeed didn't find their way into the mainline.
I have no idea why, received no objections.

I'm sending the reply to the resp. mailing lists too; hope you don't
mind.

Regards,
Sergei

On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 18:55:50 +0100
Steffen Sledz <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello Sergei,
>
> i'm working for the OpenEmbedded project and we hit the same busybox
> problem you mentioned in <http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/31164/>.
>
> It doesn't look like you got much feedback on you patch suggestion.
> Did it made it's way to the kernel sources? Or where there any
> objections on it?
>
> Steffen

2009-11-02 11:33:15

by Steffen Sledz

Hello Sergei, hello other maintainers,

> > i'm working for the OpenEmbedded project and we hit the same busybox
> > problem you mentioned in <http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/31164/>.
> >
> > It doesn't look like you got much feedback on you patch suggestion.
> > Did it made it's way to the kernel sources? Or where there any
> > objections on it?

> Hm, I received a confirmation, that my fix was applied
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg103860.html

No, i think it didn't. This confirmation is related to a patch from
Joe Perches to the MAINTAINERS file.

> However, it indeed didn't find their way into the mainline.
> I have no idea why, received no objections.

What are the maintainers saying?

Steffen

2009-11-02 11:30:21

by David Miller

From: Sergei Poselenov <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:57:50 +0300

> Hm, I received a confirmation, that my fix was applied
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg103860.html
>
> However, it indeed didn't find their way into the mainline.
> I have no idea why, received no objections.

That posting doesn't say that your patch got applied, it says
that Joe Perches's MAINTAINERS file patch got applied.

Look at the context of what I'm replying to, rather than the
fact that you see "Applied." and it happens to be in a thread
you started with another patch.

Your patch is not necessary, current iproute2 sources compile
just fine without your change. iproute2 got changed to include
a local copy of linux/ip_tunnel.h which is modified so that it
compiles properly in userspace.