2009-11-30 20:58:07

by ranjith kumar

Subject: source code of dynamic liner

Hi,

Please tell me where can I find the 'source code of dynamic linker on
linux for x86 processors'?

Thanks in advance.

2009-11-30 21:18:21

by Jeff Epler

Subject: Re: source code of dynamic liner

The dynamic loader is part of userspace, so it is not an appropriate
topic for the linux-kernel mailing list.

Your Linux distribution probably includes tools for obtaining the
source package for any installed file. For instance, on Debian-derived
systems including Ubuntu, you can use dpkg-query and apt-get for these
tasks:

# Determine what binary package provides the file /lib/ld-linux.so.2
$ dpkg-query -S /lib/ld-linux.so.2
libc6: /lib/ld-linux.so.2

# Download and untar the related source package
$ apt-get source libc6
... (downloaded 14.5MB of files) ...
dpkg-source: extracting glibc in glibc-2.3.6
dpkg-source: unpacking glibc_2.3.6.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: applying ./glibc_2.3.6-0ubuntu20.5.diff.gz

Jeff

2009-11-30 21:32:27

by Willy Tarreau

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 02:28:09AM +0530, ranjith kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please tell me where can I find the 'source code of dynamic linker on
> linux for x86 processors'?

it's shipped with glibc (or any other dynamic C library).

Willy