2011-04-21 21:30:53

by Tomas Carnecky

Subject: Regression caused by 8969960 (mm: vmap area cache)

My intel atom mini-itx board doesn't boot anymore after said commit. The
last messages I see in the console indicate that the kernel has just
switched to the nouveau fb driver. Reverting the commit on top of the
latest master does not seem to help.

tom

2011-04-22 15:05:08

by Marcin Slusarz

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 10:57:28PM +0200, Tomas Carnecky wrote:
> My intel atom mini-itx board doesn't boot anymore after said commit. The
> last messages I see in the console indicate that the kernel has just
> switched to the nouveau fb driver. Reverting the commit on top of the
> latest master does not seem to help.

This is a bug in nouveau and it's already fixed in Linus' tree
(commit a18d89ca026140eb8ac4459bf70a01c571dd9a32 "drm/nouveau: fix notifier
memory corruption bug"). The fix will soon be applied to .38-stable.

Marcin