2011-06-06 10:53:34

by Pavel Machek

Subject: 3.0-rc1: alsactl restore fails on spitz

Hi

Something changed in ALSA land, if you use sound you may want to check.

by Cyril Hrubis

Subject: Re: 3.0-rc1: alsactl restore fails on spitz

Hi!
> Something changed in ALSA land, if you use sound you may want to check.

I've seen the errors on alsactl restore too. However sound seems to work for
me. Probably ALSA changed some ids of the knobs for alsamixer and the saved
state could not be properly restored.

--
metan

2011-06-06 12:16:11

by Mark Brown

On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 05:14:55AM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Something changed in ALSA land, if you use sound you may want to check.

You've not included even the most basic diagnostic information in your
report. I'd expect this is user error of some kind but "fails" isn't
the most verbose report...

2011-06-06 14:10:56

by Takashi Iwai

At Thu, 2 Jun 2011 05:14:55 +0200,
Pavel Machek wrote:

> Hi
>
> Something changed in ALSA land, if you use sound you may want to check.

alsactl is known to grumble when the mixer element number id is
changed. It just complains but does his job at best, continuing to
restore the mixer status by guessing from the element name. So,
usually it should work as is.

Takashi