2011-06-06 03:39:11

by Paul Mundt

Subject: [GIT PULL] fbdev fixes for 3.0-rc2

Please pull from:

master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lethal/fbdev-3.x.git fbdev-fixes-for-linus

Which contains:

Andy Lutomirski (3):
efifb: Enable write-combining
efifb: Fix mismatched request/release_mem_region
efifb: Disallow manual bind and unbind

Bruno Prémont (1):
video: Fix use-after-free by vga16fb on rmmod

Joe Perches (1):
video: Convert vmalloc/memset to vzalloc

Julia Lawall (2):
drivers/video/imxfb.c: add missing clk_put
drivers/video/pxa168fb.c: add missing clk_put

Paul Mundt (1):
fbdev: sh_mobile_lcdcfb: Fix up fallout from MERAM changes.

Steven Miao (1):
fbdev: bf537-lq035: add missing blacklight properties type

Tormod Volden (1):
savagefb: Use panel CVT mode as default

drivers/video/arcfb.c | 5 +--
drivers/video/bf537-lq035.c | 1 +
drivers/video/broadsheetfb.c | 4 +--
drivers/video/efifb.c | 34 ++++++++++++++++++++-----------
drivers/video/hecubafb.c | 5 +--
drivers/video/imxfb.c | 4 +-
drivers/video/metronomefb.c | 4 +--
drivers/video/modedb.c | 1 +
drivers/video/pxa168fb.c | 17 +++++++++------
drivers/video/savage/savagefb_driver.c | 16 +++++++++++++++
drivers/video/sh_mobile_lcdcfb.c | 4 +-
drivers/video/vga16fb.c | 2 +
drivers/video/xen-fbfront.c | 3 +-

by Linus Torvalds

Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] fbdev fixes for 3.0-rc2

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Paul Mundt <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bruno Prémont (1):
>      video: Fix use-after-free by vga16fb on rmmod

Do you even *look* at what you ask me to pull from you?

Spend a bit of effort in not sending obviously bogus and corrupted
authorship patches. That one has Bruno's name correctly in the
sign-off, but you've done something horrible to it in the authorship.

Linus

2011-06-06 09:16:06

by Paul Mundt

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 06:04:58PM +0900, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Paul Mundt <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Bruno Pr??????????????????mont (1):
> > ?? ?? ??video: Fix use-after-free by vga16fb on rmmod
>
> Do you even *look* at what you ask me to pull from you?
>
> Spend a bit of effort in not sending obviously bogus and corrupted
> authorship patches. That one has Bruno's name correctly in the
> sign-off, but you've done something horrible to it in the authorship.

That's how I got it from patchwork, so it looks like it was mangled
already on the way in. I assumed it was just my console that was screwing
it up, but it looks to be in a similar state in the list archives, too.

In any event, I've fixed it up and pushed out a cleaned up version, sorry
for the noise.

2011-06-06 09:39:26

by Bruno Prémont

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 18:15:57 Paul Mundt <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 06:04:58PM +0900, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Paul Mundt <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Bruno Pr??????????????????mont (1):
> > > ?? ?? ??video: Fix use-after-free by vga16fb on rmmod
> >
> > Do you even *look* at what you ask me to pull from you?
> >
> > Spend a bit of effort in not sending obviously bogus and corrupted
> > authorship patches. That one has Bruno's name correctly in the
> > sign-off, but you've done something horrible to it in the authorship.
> >
> That's how I got it from patchwork, so it looks like it was mangled
> already on the way in. I assumed it was just my console that was screwing
> it up, but it looks to be in a similar state in the list archives, too.

Hm, patchwork's mail headers look correct but its post-decoding display
is mangled (hard to guess what multiple transcodings it did!). (your
mail-client also dislikes non-ascii characters)

>From archives, marc.info seems not to handle charsets at all - it dumps
the bytes and flags them as iso-8859-1 (don't know what other archives
you were looking at, marc.info being the only one listed at vger)

The only not so usual thing I see in my From header is that just the
lastname is being encoded and base64 is being used (while
quoted-printable is more common).

Bruno