2012-02-12 11:38:01

by Tomas Janousek

Subject: Re: [REGRESSION] resume takes 10s longer due to e1b6eb3 (Bluetooth: Increase HCI reset timeout ...)

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 08:21:04PM +0100, Szymon Janc wrote:
> We need to figure out why command complete event to reset command is not
> received and we get timeout for your bt chip.
>
> So first please provide kernel debug logs and hcidump while resuming (with
> timeout set to 10s). Also for kernel logs please make sure you have kernel
> prints timestamps enabled.
>
> hcidump -t
>
> kernel:
> echo "module bluetooth +pf" >/sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control
> echo "module btusb +pf" >/sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control

I'm attaching dmesg and hcidump output.

I'm sorry for the delay, I did not have a kernel with dynamic_debug enabled
and I didn't have time to reboot and lose my open terminals. Now I updated to
today's kernel snapshot and enabled debugging, so as long as I don't have to
reboot, I should be able to react quickly. :-)

Tomáš Janoušek, a.k.a. Liskni_si, http://work.lisk.in/

Attachments:
(No filename) (937.00 B)
dmesg (122.25 kB)
hcidump (116.00 B)

by Szymon Janc

Hi,

> I'm attaching dmesg and hcidump output.
>
> I'm sorry for the delay, I did not have a kernel with dynamic_debug enabled
> and I didn't have time to reboot and lose my open terminals. Now I updated
> to today's kernel snapshot and enabled debugging, so as long as I don't
> have to reboot, I should be able to react quickly. :-)

Can you try with this patch applied:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jh/bluetooth-
next.git;a=commit;h=30a824d82726f4d10105e5f8c1afa7ebcda17523
?

--
Szymon K. Janc

by Tomas Janousek

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 05:49:31PM +0100, Szymon Janc wrote:
> Can you try with this patch applied:
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jh/bluetooth-
> next.git;a=commit;h=30a824d82726f4d10105e5f8c1afa7ebcda17523
> ?

Yes. It no longer waits 10 seconds. Bluetooth works fine both before and after
suspend/resume (just so you don't have to ask). Thanks.

--
Tomáš Janoušek, a.k.a. Liskni_si, http://work.lisk.in/