2012-05-29 22:56:01

by Daniel Walker

Subject: Re: Cavium Linux EDAC Drivers?

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 03:35:45PM -0700, David Daney wrote:
> On 05/29/2012 03:15 PM, Daniel Walker wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Lets try this again.. Please respond as a Linux community maintainer..
>
> If that is the case, those types of requests should go to a public
> mailing list. This one time I will make an exception and answer...

Ok, we're on a mailing list now are you happy?

> >Does Cavium mips or ARM processors have EDAC drivers that you know of?
> >If not, does the hardware have the ability to support such a driver?
> >

> OCTEON has EDAC hardware. The kernel.org kernel doesn't have any
> software support for this.

Do you have a driver waiting to be submitted? What about your arm
platforms?

Daniel

2012-05-29 23:08:04

by David Daney

On 05/29/2012 03:55 PM, Daniel Walker wrote:
> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 03:35:45PM -0700, David Daney wrote:
>> On 05/29/2012 03:15 PM, Daniel Walker wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Lets try this again.. Please respond as a Linux community maintainer..
>>
>> If that is the case, those types of requests should go to a public
>> mailing list. This one time I will make an exception and answer...
>
> Ok, we're on a mailing list now are you happy?

Yes. And by doing it this way, you might receive useful information
from others as well.

>>> Does Cavium mips or ARM processors have EDAC drivers that you know of?
>>> If not, does the hardware have the ability to support such a driver?
>>>

>> OCTEON has EDAC hardware. The kernel.org kernel doesn't have any
>> software support for this.
>
> Do you have a driver waiting to be submitted?

No, but that isn't to say that this will always be the case.

> What about your arm platforms?

I don't know.

David Daney