2012-11-17 21:10:19

by Andreas Herrmann

Subject: Re: Re-send the AMD IOMMUv2 performance counter patched and PCI quirk. Sorry for the noise.

Hi Steven,

Hmm, the quirk looks quite familiar to me.

IMHO you should (re-?)read Documentation/SubmittingPatches.
(esp. no attachements, and btw one patch per mail)

Do you mind adding Joerg with his current (non-AMD) mail address on
CC? Otherwise it's impossible to get any comment from him.

Andreas

2012-11-26 14:55:06

by Steven Kinney

Hi Andreas,

This is your quirk, from AMD, and if you need to sign the patch please let me know how to facilitate this. I will add Joerg using his Email.

Thanks,

Steve

Hmm, the quirk looks quite familiar to me.

IMHO you should (re-?)read Documentation/SubmittingPatches.
(esp. no attachements, and btw one patch per mail)

Do you mind adding Joerg with his current (non-AMD) mail address on CC? Otherwise it's impossible to get any comment from him.

Andreas

2012-11-26 22:43:30

by H. Peter Anvin

On 11/26/2012 06:54 AM, Kinney, Steven wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> This is your quirk, from AMD, and if you need to sign the patch please let me know how to facilitate this. I will add Joerg using his Email.

Please maintain the proper patch authorship. This is actually more
important than the Signed-off-by: sequence since this is a work for hire.

-hpa