2013-04-18 03:18:58

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the net-next tree with the infiniband tree

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the net-next tree got a conflict in
drivers/infiniband/hw/cxgb4/qp.c between commit 5b0c275926b8
("RDMA/cxgb4: Fix SQ allocation when on-chip SQ is disabled") from the
infiniband tree and commit 9919d5bd01b9 ("RDMA/cxgb4: Fix onchip queue
support for T5") from the net-next tree.

I think that they are 2 different fixes for the same problem, so I just
used the net-next version and can carry the fix as necessary (no action
is required).

Stephen Rothwell [email protected]

Attachments:
(No filename) (546.00 B)
(No filename) (836.00 B)
Download all attachments

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 01:18:43PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the net-next tree got a conflict in
> drivers/infiniband/hw/cxgb4/qp.c between commit 5b0c275926b8
> ("RDMA/cxgb4: Fix SQ allocation when on-chip SQ is disabled") from the
> infiniband tree and commit 9919d5bd01b9 ("RDMA/cxgb4: Fix onchip queue
> support for T5") from the net-next tree.
>
> I think that they are 2 different fixes for the same problem, so I just
> used the net-next version and can carry the fix as necessary (no action
> is required).
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell [email protected]

Commit 5b0c275926b8 also keeps the intention of the original patch which
broke it, which was to return an error code, in case the allocation fails.
Commit 9919d5bd01b9 fix will return 0 in case the allocation fails.

We should keep the other fix or fix the code again to return the proper
error code.

Regards.
Cascardo.

2013-04-26 03:50:26

by Stephen Rothwell

Hi Cascardo,

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 14:53:04 -0300 Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 01:18:43PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> >
> > Today's linux-next merge of the net-next tree got a conflict in
> > drivers/infiniband/hw/cxgb4/qp.c between commit 5b0c275926b8
> > ("RDMA/cxgb4: Fix SQ allocation when on-chip SQ is disabled") from the
> > infiniband tree and commit 9919d5bd01b9 ("RDMA/cxgb4: Fix onchip queue
> > support for T5") from the net-next tree.
> >
> > I think that they are 2 different fixes for the same problem, so I just
> > used the net-next version and can carry the fix as necessary (no action
> > is required).
>
> Commit 5b0c275926b8 also keeps the intention of the original patch which
> broke it, which was to return an error code, in case the allocation fails.
> Commit 9919d5bd01b9 fix will return 0 in case the allocation fails.
>
> We should keep the other fix or fix the code again to return the proper
> error code.

OK, so today I switched the conflict fix to use the version from the
infiniband tree.

Stephen Rothwell [email protected]

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.14 kB)