2014-02-02 11:09:37

by Patrick McHardy

Subject: HID bluetooth regression

Commit b1a1442a2 (HID: core: fix reporting of raw events) introduced a
regression that causes lockups for bluetooth trackpads.

This was already discussed in this thread in September:

http://www.kernelhub.org/?p=2&msg=329823

but it seems nothing has been fixed so far, I still get the lockups
in 3.13. Reverting that patch fixes it for me, but it would be great
if someone could push a proper fix upstream.

If you need me to test anything, please let me know.

2014-02-05 15:51:10

by Jiri Kosina

Subject: Re: HID bluetooth regression

On Sun, 2 Feb 2014, Patrick McHardy wrote:

> Commit b1a1442a2 (HID: core: fix reporting of raw events) introduced a
> regression that causes lockups for bluetooth trackpads.
>
> This was already discussed in this thread in September:
>
> http://www.kernelhub.org/?p=2&msg=329823
>
> but it seems nothing has been fixed so far, I still get the lockups
> in 3.13. Reverting that patch fixes it for me, but it would be great
> if someone could push a proper fix upstream.
>
> If you need me to test anything, please let me know.

Hi,

this is being discussed in

https://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg07391.html

The plan is to push bandaid fix for -rc2 (see the last few messages in the
thread) and proper fix for 3.15.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs