2019-02-08 01:29:43

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm-misc tree with the drm tree

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm-misc tree got a conflict in:

drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c

between commit:

9f58892ea996 ("drm/i915: Pull all the reset functionality together into i915_reset.c")

from the drm tree and commit:

d0e93599d396 ("drm/i915: prepare for drmP.h removal from drm_modeset_helper.h")

from the drm-misc tree.

I fixed it up (I think I got the right include files in the right order in
the end - see below and please check the final result) and can carry the
fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned,
but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream
maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging. You may also want
to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to
minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2019-02-08 08:55:49

by Daniel Vetter

On Fri, Feb 08, 2019 at 12:27:44PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the drm-misc tree got a conflict in:
>
> drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c
>
> between commit:
>
> 9f58892ea996 ("drm/i915: Pull all the reset functionality together into i915_reset.c")
>
> from the drm tree and commit:
>
> d0e93599d396 ("drm/i915: prepare for drmP.h removal from drm_modeset_helper.h")
>
> from the drm-misc tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I think I got the right include files in the right order in
> the end - see below and please check the final result) and can carry the
> fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned,
> but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream
> maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging. You may also want
> to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to
> minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

There isn't a "below" afaics ....
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation

2019-02-08 09:27:17

by Stephen Rothwell

Hi Daniel,

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 09:53:33 +0100 Daniel Vetter <[email protected]> wrote:

> There isn't a "below" afaics ....

Oops :-( However the merge diff is not very enlightening in this case
anyway. It makes more sense to look at the final result when I finish
up in a while.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2019-02-08 09:34:58

by Daniel Vetter

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 10:26 AM Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 09:53:33 +0100 Daniel Vetter <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > There isn't a "below" afaics ....
>
> Oops :-( However the merge diff is not very enlightening in this case
> anyway. It makes more sense to look at the final result when I finish
> up in a while.

Yeah conflict isn't too bad either, and we have it in the drm rr-cache
already. So not worried, just wanted to check whether there's more.
-Daniel
--
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch