2019-03-01 03:29:14

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm tree with the drm-fixes tree

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm tree got a conflict in:

drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm.c

between commit:

d63716658ac1 ("drm/amd/display: Use vrr friendly pageflip throttling in DC.")

from the drm-fixes tree and commits:

8a48b44cd00f ("drm/amd/display: Call into DC once per multiplane flip")
bc7f670ee04c ("drm/amd/display: Perform plane updates only when needed")

from the drm tree.

I had no idea how to resolve this, so I just effectively reverted the
drm-fixes commit.

I fixed it up (see above) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2019-03-01 23:30:49

by Alex Deucher

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 9:24 PM Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the drm tree got a conflict in:
>
> drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm.c
>
> between commit:
>
> d63716658ac1 ("drm/amd/display: Use vrr friendly pageflip throttling in DC.")
>
> from the drm-fixes tree and commits:
>
> 8a48b44cd00f ("drm/amd/display: Call into DC once per multiplane flip")
> bc7f670ee04c ("drm/amd/display: Perform plane updates only when needed")
>
> from the drm tree.
>
> I had no idea how to resolve this, so I just effectively reverted the
> drm-fixes commit.
>
> I fixed it up (see above) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
> is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
> conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
> is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider cooperating
> with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
> complex conflicts.

d63716658ac1 ("drm/amd/display: Use vrr friendly pageflip throttling
in DC.") should be reverted and this should be applied instead for
drm-next:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux/commit/?h=drm-next-5.2-wip&id=5d5f43c235d02e4d8e9d50d012f3b21f380486eb

Alex

> --
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell

by Stephen Rothwell

Hi Dave,

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 18:29:58 -0500 Alex Deucher <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 9:24 PM Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Today's linux-next merge of the drm tree got a conflict in:
> >
> > drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm.c
> >
> > between commit:
> >
> > d63716658ac1 ("drm/amd/display: Use vrr friendly pageflip throttling in DC.")
> >
> > from the drm-fixes tree and commits:
> >
> > 8a48b44cd00f ("drm/amd/display: Call into DC once per multiplane flip")
> > bc7f670ee04c ("drm/amd/display: Perform plane updates only when needed")
> >
> > from the drm tree.
> >
> > I had no idea how to resolve this, so I just effectively reverted the
> > drm-fixes commit.
> >
> > I fixed it up (see above) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
> > is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
> > conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
> > is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider cooperating
> > with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
> > complex conflicts.
>
> d63716658ac1 ("drm/amd/display: Use vrr friendly pageflip throttling
> in DC.") should be reverted and this should be applied instead for
> drm-next:
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux/commit/?h=drm-next-5.2-wip&id=5d5f43c235d02e4d8e9d50d012f3b21f380486eb

Maybe you should merge the drm-fixes tree into the drm tree and apply
the above ...
Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2019-03-11 12:38:28

by Daniel Vetter

On Mon, Mar 04, 2019 at 11:54:02AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 18:29:58 -0500 Alex Deucher <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 9:24 PM Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Today's linux-next merge of the drm tree got a conflict in:
> > >
> > > drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm.c
> > >
> > > between commit:
> > >
> > > d63716658ac1 ("drm/amd/display: Use vrr friendly pageflip throttling in DC.")
> > >
> > > from the drm-fixes tree and commits:
> > >
> > > 8a48b44cd00f ("drm/amd/display: Call into DC once per multiplane flip")
> > > bc7f670ee04c ("drm/amd/display: Perform plane updates only when needed")
> > >
> > > from the drm tree.
> > >
> > > I had no idea how to resolve this, so I just effectively reverted the
> > > drm-fixes commit.
> > >
> > > I fixed it up (see above) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
> > > is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
> > > conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
> > > is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider cooperating
> > > with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
> > > complex conflicts.
> >
> > d63716658ac1 ("drm/amd/display: Use vrr friendly pageflip throttling
> > in DC.") should be reverted and this should be applied instead for
> > drm-next:
> > https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux/commit/?h=drm-next-5.2-wip&id=5d5f43c235d02e4d8e9d50d012f3b21f380486eb
>
> Maybe you should merge the drm-fixes tree into the drm tree and apply
> the above ...

Alex, can you pls get the amdgpu trees added to linux-next? From a quick
look those still seem to be missing.

Thanks, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter