2019-07-11 21:40:01

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in the block tree

Hi all,

In commit

8f3858763d33 ("nvme: fix NULL deref for fabrics options")

Fixes tag

Fixes: 958f2a0f8 ("nvme-tcp: set the STABLE_WRITES flag when data digests

has these problem(s):

- SHA1 should be at least 12 digits long
Can be fixed by setting core.abbrev to 12 (or more) or (for git v2.11
or later) just making sure it is not set (or set to "auto").
- Subject has leading but no trailing parentheses
- Subject has leading but no trailing quotes

Please do not split Fixes tags over more than one line. Also do not
include blank lines among the tags.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2019-07-11 22:18:30

by Jens Axboe

On 7/11/19 3:35 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In commit
>
> 8f3858763d33 ("nvme: fix NULL deref for fabrics options")
>
> Fixes tag
>
> Fixes: 958f2a0f8 ("nvme-tcp: set the STABLE_WRITES flag when data digests
>
> has these problem(s):
>
> - SHA1 should be at least 12 digits long
> Can be fixed by setting core.abbrev to 12 (or more) or (for git v2.11
> or later) just making sure it is not set (or set to "auto").
> - Subject has leading but no trailing parentheses
> - Subject has leading but no trailing quotes
>
> Please do not split Fixes tags over more than one line. Also do not
> include blank lines among the tags.

I should have caught that. Since it's top-of-tree and recent, I'll
amend it.

--
Jens Axboe

2019-07-12 08:48:56

by Minwoo Im

On 19-07-11 16:03:22, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On 7/11/19 3:35 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > In commit
> >
> > 8f3858763d33 ("nvme: fix NULL deref for fabrics options")
> >
> > Fixes tag
> >
> > Fixes: 958f2a0f8 ("nvme-tcp: set the STABLE_WRITES flag when data digests
> >
> > has these problem(s):
> >
> > - SHA1 should be at least 12 digits long
> > Can be fixed by setting core.abbrev to 12 (or more) or (for git v2.11
> > or later) just making sure it is not set (or set to "auto").
> > - Subject has leading but no trailing parentheses
> > - Subject has leading but no trailing quotes
> >
> > Please do not split Fixes tags over more than one line. Also do not
> > include blank lines among the tags.

I'm sorry for noises here. I will keep that in mind.

Thanks Stephen,

> I should have caught that. Since it's top-of-tree and recent, I'll
> amend it.

Jens, I will do it from the next time. Thanks for ammend.