2019-07-14 14:30:52

by Kirill Smelkov

Subject: [PULL] stream_open bits for Linux 5.3

Linus,

Please consider pulling the following stream_open related bits:

This time on stream_open front it is only two small changes:

- the first one converts stream_open.cocci to treat all functions that
start with wait_.* as blocking. Previously it was only wait_event_.*
functions that were considered as blocking, but this was falsely
reporting deadlock cases as only warning. The patch was picked by
linux-kbuild and already entered your tree as 0c4ab18fc33b.
It is thus omitted from hereby pull-request.

- the second one teaches stream_open.cocci to consider files as being
stream-like even if they use noop_llseek. I posted this patch for
review 3 weeks ago[1], but got neither feedback nor complaints.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email protected]/

The changes are available for pulling from here:

https://lab.nexedi.com/kirr/linux.git stream_open-5.3

Thanks beforehand,
Kirill

Kirill Smelkov (1):
*: convert stream-like files -> stream_open, even if they use noop_llseek

drivers/hid/hid-sensor-custom.c | 2 +-
drivers/input/mousedev.c | 2 +-
scripts/coccinelle/api/stream_open.cocci | 9 ++++++++-

by pr-tracker-bot

Subject: Re: [PULL] stream_open bits for Linux 5.3

The pull request you sent on Sun, 14 Jul 2019 14:13:45 +0000:

> https://lab.nexedi.com/kirr/linux.git stream_open-5.3

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/fcd98147ac71f35b69e2f50b5fddc5524dd2dfa8

Thank you!

--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/prtracker

2019-07-15 08:05:50

by Kirill Smelkov

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 12:30:02AM +0000, [email protected] wrote:
> The pull request you sent on Sun, 14 Jul 2019 14:13:45 +0000:
>
> > https://lab.nexedi.com/kirr/linux.git stream_open-5.3
>
> has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
> https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/fcd98147ac71f35b69e2f50b5fddc5524dd2dfa8

Thanks.