2019-09-11 09:56:19

by Chen, Rong A

Subject: [ipv6] d5382fef70: kernel_selftests.net.fib_tests.sh.fail

FYI, we noticed the following commit (built with gcc-7):

commit: d5382fef70ce273608d6fc652c24f075de3737ef ("ipv6: Stop sending in-kernel notifications for each nexthop")
https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git master

in testcase: kernel_selftests
with following parameters:

group: kselftests-02

test-description: The kernel contains a set of "self tests" under the tools/testing/selftests/ directory. These are intended to be small unit tests to exercise individual code paths in the kernel.
test-url: https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kselftest.txt

on test machine: 8 threads Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz with 16G memory

caused below changes (please refer to attached dmesg/kmsg for entire log/backtrace):

If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag
Reported-by: kernel test robot <[email protected]>

# selftests: net: fib_tests.sh
#
# Single path route test
# Start point
# TEST: IPv4 fibmatch [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 fibmatch [ OK ]
# Nexthop device deleted
# TEST: IPv4 fibmatch - no route [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 fibmatch - no route [ OK ]
#
# Multipath route test
# Start point
# TEST: IPv4 fibmatch [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 fibmatch [ OK ]
# One nexthop device deleted
# TEST: IPv4 - multipath route removed on delete [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 - multipath down to single path [ OK ]
# Second nexthop device deleted
# TEST: IPv6 - no route [ OK ]
#
# Single path, admin down
# Start point
# TEST: IPv4 fibmatch [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 fibmatch [ OK ]
# Route deleted on down
# TEST: IPv4 fibmatch [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 fibmatch [ OK ]
#
# Admin down multipath
# Verify start point
# TEST: IPv4 fibmatch [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 fibmatch [ OK ]
# One device down, one up
# TEST: IPv4 fibmatch on down device [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 fibmatch on down device [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv4 fibmatch on up device [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 fibmatch on up device [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv4 flags on down device [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 flags on down device [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv4 flags on up device [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 flags on up device [ OK ]
# Other device down and up
# TEST: IPv4 fibmatch on down device [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 fibmatch on down device [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv4 fibmatch on up device [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 fibmatch on up device [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv4 flags on down device [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 flags on down device [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv4 flags on up device [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 flags on up device [ OK ]
# Both devices down
# TEST: IPv4 fibmatch [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 fibmatch [ OK ]
#
# Local carrier tests - single path
# Start point
# TEST: IPv4 fibmatch [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 fibmatch [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv4 - no linkdown flag [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 - no linkdown flag [ OK ]
# Carrier off on nexthop
# TEST: IPv4 fibmatch [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 fibmatch [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv4 - linkdown flag set [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 - linkdown flag set [ OK ]
# Route to local address with carrier down
# TEST: IPv4 fibmatch [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 fibmatch [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv4 linkdown flag set [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 linkdown flag set [ OK ]
#
# Single path route carrier test
# Start point
# TEST: IPv4 fibmatch [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 fibmatch [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv4 no linkdown flag [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 no linkdown flag [ OK ]
# Carrier down
# TEST: IPv4 fibmatch [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 fibmatch [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv4 linkdown flag set [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 linkdown flag set [ OK ]
# Second address added with carrier down
# TEST: IPv4 fibmatch [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 fibmatch [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv4 linkdown flag set [ OK ]
# TEST: IPv6 linkdown flag set [ OK ]
#
# IPv4 nexthop tests
# <<< write me >>>
#
# IPv6 nexthop tests
# TEST: Directly connected nexthop, unicast address [ OK ]
# TEST: Directly connected nexthop, unicast address with device [ OK ]
# TEST: Gateway is linklocal address [ OK ]
# TEST: Gateway is linklocal address, no device [ OK ]
# TEST: Gateway can not be local unicast address [ OK ]
# TEST: Gateway can not be local unicast address, with device [ OK ]
# TEST: Gateway can not be a local linklocal address [ OK ]
# TEST: Gateway can be local address in a VRF [ OK ]
# TEST: Gateway can be local address in a VRF, with device [ OK ]
# TEST: Gateway can be local linklocal address in a VRF [ OK ]
# TEST: Redirect to VRF lookup [ OK ]
# TEST: VRF route, gateway can be local address in default VRF [ OK ]
# TEST: VRF route, gateway can not be a local address [ OK ]
# TEST: VRF route, gateway can not be a local addr with device [ OK ]
#
# IPv6 route add / append tests
# TEST: Attempt to add duplicate route - gw [ OK ]
# TEST: Attempt to add duplicate route - dev only [ OK ]
# TEST: Attempt to add duplicate route - reject route [ OK ]
# TEST: Append nexthop to existing route - gw [ OK ]
# TEST: Add multipath route [ OK ]
# TEST: Attempt to add duplicate multipath route [ OK ]
# TEST: Route add with different metrics [ OK ]
# TEST: Route delete with metric [ OK ]
#
# IPv6 route replace tests
# TEST: Single path with single path [ OK ]
# TEST: Single path with multipath [ OK ]
# TEST: Single path with single path via multipath attribute [ OK ]
# TEST: Invalid nexthop [ OK ]
# TEST: Single path - replace of non-existent route [ OK ]
# TEST: Multipath with multipath [ OK ]
# TEST: Multipath with single path [ OK ]
# TEST: Multipath with single path via multipath attribute [ OK ]
# TEST: Multipath - invalid first nexthop [ OK ]
# TEST: Multipath - invalid second nexthop [ OK ]
# TEST: Multipath - replace of non-existent route [ OK ]
#
# IPv4 route add / append tests
# TEST: Attempt to add duplicate route - gw [ OK ]
# TEST: Attempt to add duplicate route - dev only [ OK ]
# TEST: Attempt to add duplicate route - reject route [ OK ]
# TEST: Add new nexthop for existing prefix [ OK ]
# TEST: Append nexthop to existing route - gw [ OK ]
# TEST: Append nexthop to existing route - dev only [ OK ]
# TEST: Append nexthop to existing route - reject route [ OK ]
# TEST: Append nexthop to existing reject route - gw [ OK ]
# TEST: Append nexthop to existing reject route - dev only [ OK ]
# TEST: add multipath route [ OK ]
# TEST: Attempt to add duplicate multipath route [ OK ]
# TEST: Route add with different metrics [ OK ]
# TEST: Route delete with metric [ OK ]
#
# IPv4 route replace tests
# TEST: Single path with single path [ OK ]
# TEST: Single path with multipath [ OK ]
# TEST: Single path with reject route [ OK ]
# TEST: Single path with single path via multipath attribute [ OK ]
# TEST: Invalid nexthop [ OK ]
# TEST: Single path - replace of non-existent route [ OK ]
# TEST: Multipath with multipath [ OK ]
# TEST: Multipath with single path [ OK ]
# TEST: Multipath with single path via multipath attribute [ OK ]
# TEST: Multipath with reject route [ OK ]
# TEST: Multipath - invalid first nexthop [ OK ]
# TEST: Multipath - invalid second nexthop [ OK ]
# TEST: Multipath - replace of non-existent route [ OK ]
#
# IPv6 prefix route tests
# TEST: Default metric [ OK ]
# TEST: User specified metric on first device [ OK ]
# TEST: User specified metric on second device [ OK ]
# TEST: Delete of address on first device [ OK ]
# TEST: Modify metric of address [ OK ]
# TEST: Prefix route removed on link down [ OK ]
# TEST: Prefix route with metric on link up [ OK ]
#
# IPv4 prefix route tests
# TEST: Default metric [ OK ]
# TEST: User specified metric on first device [ OK ]
# TEST: User specified metric on second device [ OK ]
# TEST: Delete of address on first device [ OK ]
# TEST: Modify metric of address [ OK ]
# TEST: Prefix route removed on link down [ OK ]
# TEST: Prefix route with metric on link up [ OK ]
#
# IPv6 routes with metrics
# TEST: Single path route with mtu metric [FAIL]
# TEST: Multipath route via 2 single routes with mtu metric on first [FAIL]
# TEST: Multipath route via 2 single routes with mtu metric on 2nd [FAIL]
# TEST: Multipath route with mtu metric [FAIL]
# RTNETLINK answers: No route to host
# TEST: Using route with mtu metric [FAIL]
# TEST: Invalid metric (fails metric_convert) [ OK ]
#
# IPv4 route add / append tests
# TEST: Single path route with mtu metric [ OK ]
# TEST: Multipath route with mtu metric [ OK ]
# TEST: Using route with mtu metric [ OK ]
# TEST: Invalid metric (fails metric_convert) [ OK ]
#
# IPv4 route with IPv6 gateway tests
# TEST: Single path route with IPv6 gateway [FAIL]
# TEST: Single path route with IPv6 gateway - ping [FAIL]
# TEST: Single path route delete [FAIL]
# TEST: Multipath route add - v6 nexthop then v4 [FAIL]
# TEST: Multipath route delete - nexthops in wrong order [ OK ]
# TEST: Multipath route delete exact match [FAIL]
# TEST: Multipath route add - v4 nexthop then v6 [FAIL]
# TEST: Multipath route delete - nexthops in wrong order [ OK ]
# TEST: Multipath route delete exact match [FAIL]
#
# Tests passed: 137
# Tests failed: 12
not ok 13 selftests: net: fib_tests.sh

To reproduce:

git clone https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests.git
cd lkp-tests
bin/lkp install job.yaml # job file is attached in this email
bin/lkp run job.yaml

Thanks,
Rong Chen

Attachments:
(No filename) (14.23 kB)
config-5.2.0-rc5-01201-gd5382fef70ce2 (198.45 kB)
job-script (6.98 kB)
dmesg.xz (50.95 kB)
kernel_selftests (86.38 kB)
job.yaml (6.56 kB)
reproduce (248.00 B)

by Ido Schimmel

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 05:51:21PM +0800, kernel test robot wrote:
> FYI, we noticed the following commit (built with gcc-7):
>
> commit: d5382fef70ce273608d6fc652c24f075de3737ef ("ipv6: Stop sending in-kernel notifications for each nexthop")
> https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git master
>
> in testcase: kernel_selftests
> with following parameters:
>
> group: kselftests-02
>
> test-description: The kernel contains a set of "self tests" under the tools/testing/selftests/ directory. These are intended to be small unit tests to exercise individual code paths in the kernel.
> test-url: https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kselftest.txt
>

> on test machine: 8 threads Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz with 16G memory
>
> caused below changes (please refer to attached dmesg/kmsg for entire log/backtrace):
>

> If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag
> Reported-by: kernel test robot <[email protected]>
>

> # selftests: net: fib_tests.sh

> # Tests passed: 137
> # Tests failed: 12
> not ok 13 selftests: net: fib_tests.sh

Thanks for the report, but I can't reproduce this. Used your attached
config and booted a kernel with the HEAD you mentioned:

$ uname -r
5.2.0-rc5-01201-gd5382fef70ce

$ ./fib_tests.sh
Tests passed: 150
Tests failed: 0

Also tested: net, net-next, master

All look fine. Plus, I'm pretty sure I ran this test before initially
submitting the patchset.

Can you reliably reproduce these failures on current kernels or is this
some random failure you noticed while testing the mentioned commit?

Thanks