2021-05-12 05:05:32

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm-current tree with the rcu tree

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the akpm-current tree got a conflict in:

Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.rst

between commit:

b18def121f07 ("bitmap_parse: Support 'all' semantics")

from the rcu tree and commit:

458a0b70b496 ("bitmap_parse: support 'all' semantics")

from the akpm-current tree.

I fixed it up (I just use the latter version) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2021-05-12 14:05:54

by Yury Norov

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 03:04:48PM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the akpm-current tree got a conflict in:
>
> Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.rst
>
> between commit:
>
> b18def121f07 ("bitmap_parse: Support 'all' semantics")
>
> from the rcu tree and commit:
>
> 458a0b70b496 ("bitmap_parse: support 'all' semantics")
>
> from the akpm-current tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I just use the latter version) and can carry the fix as
> necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
> non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
> when your tree is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider
> cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
> particularly complex conflicts.

The difference is that Paul's version replaced 'isolcpus=all' with
'rcu_nocb=all' in documentation, which is more correct in general.

Could you please stick with the Paul's version, and sorry for
confusion?

Thanks,
Yury